So, I want a 9550 Storm 2 but I'm on AT&T and stuck in the early part of a long-term contract.

I looked at buying a GSM Storm 2 and then just using WiFi for my web browsing when I'm in the home/office and just settling for AT&T's EDGE when I'm out and about.

#1 - Can this work?

#2 - I read some reports that using the Storm 2 on T-Mobile/AT&T in the US caused the browser to disappear/not work. Does this happen to anybody?
    04-11-10 12:00 AM
    there are going to be pros and cons to using a Storm on At&t

I personally have my share amount of problems with it- but I think different users encounter different results with their Storm

I have to reinstall the service books everytime I reboot my phone- very irritating. and honestly not having 3G outside your home/office sucks because with such intensive bandwidth programs these days, it really makes a difference on EDGE
    04-11-10 12:19 AM
    Also I believe the reason why some users encounter Browser problems are because their service books are either not loaded properly or loaded at all.......

Also there are the issues with EDGE and edge connections.....generally 3rd party non-BB network based apps with cause an edge connection as opposed to full EDGE
    Last edited by Res215dg; 04-11-10 at 12:26 AM.
    04-11-10 12:21 AM
    Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the opinion.
    04-11-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD