I just bought Garmin mobile, but I need a good way of mounting it on my dash or windshield. What do you guys suggest, or what is the best product to do this?

Thanks!
    03-29-09 05:32 PM
    How do you like the Garmin? Does it work as well as a Garmin GPS? Easy to hear? Good directions? Quick loading?
    03-29-09 07:24 PM
    The Garmin is very good GPS, what I like about it most is because the map is clear to read, and the response time is on par with any other traditional GPS on the market, and only 80 for the lifetime of the product!
    03-29-09 07:36 PM
    Google-Bold car mounts- You will get a number of sites that carry different kinds of mounts for a BOLD.

Did you happen to use AT&T Navigator(free for a month) before buying Garmin mobile? If you did, what was better with Garmin?

Will Garmin charge you each year (about $60.00) for map updates like they do on all their other units?
    03-30-09 08:52 AM
    Hi,

Im wondering if I purchase the Garmin Mobile XT, If I can use it with my own personalized maps. Because I dont want to use some maps on demand of my carrier.

thanks,
    Mario
    03-30-09 09:01 AM
    We have one of these in each vehicle and really like them.

Bracketron : Mounting Solutions for Mobile Electronics
    03-30-09 09:05 AM
    I am going to order one of these for the exact same reason:

BlackBerry Accessories CAN Store - Product Detail

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 09:55 AM
    I have had a standalone Garmin for a number of years. Have always thought it was great but did not like the yearly charges (around $60.00) to update the maps. I have been using the Free(1 mo.) AT&T Navigator for about two weeks. Your Question prompted me look into Garmin-Mobile. Found out you could get a free 7 Day trial. Downloaded it and have been road testing for the last hour. Better than my stand-alone Garmin. I can load Garmin, then load Pandora to hear on my car stereo and directions will be given over the music. I had my brother call me and I was able to answer and Garmin and Pandora allowed the phone call. Then went back to Garmin and Pandora. (Hard to beat that).

I have a iGrip Universal Vent mount for my car and a iGrip Window mount with flexable hose to take with me on trips to use on rental cars. Paid $19.95 for each plus shippimg cost.

BUT-It is hard for me to believe that there is only a one-time charge and I will have no charges for something from Garmin every year. Hope spring eternal.
    03-30-09 02:17 PM
    BUT-It is hard for me to believe that there is only a one-time charge and I will have no charges for something from Garmin every year. Hope spring eternal.
    Because the maps are pulled over the network, which means no maps to send out or buy.
    03-30-09 02:20 PM
    I use this and it works great, though I imagine it's success would vary depending on where your power outlets are.
    03-30-09 02:22 PM
    i recommend proclip usa...i have the mount for the q but will be ordering one for the bold...
    03-30-09 05:57 PM
    I recommend the Bury Comfort Cradle and the suction windshield mount. You definitely need to charge while using the GPS as it sucks the battery power bigtime.
    03-30-09 07:28 PM
    I ue garmin for backpacking, and bought my daughter a garmin got her car when she moved to New Orleans. they make great products.

The only downside to the mobile version is that it is for the life of your device. Garmin sales told me they have an unofficial policy of allowing one device change in the first 12 months after purchase directly from Garmin ($100). If you purchase from Handango ($80 with the never ending 20% sales) you will have to deal with handango, who told me they only offer a 30-day refund-exchange. break your phone on day 31 and you are out the $80.

Another option, which just as expensive as the AT&T plan, is the garmin monthly plan available from Handango. that way if your phone breaks you can switch the device every month.
    03-30-09 09:19 PM
    alright, so the bury would be the best bet?

Thanks!
    03-31-09 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD