Ok so here's the deal, I love the Blackberry Bold 9700 and the iPhone 3GS. So what I decided on doing is getting a 9700 and a ipod touch. NOW, when I had the htc G1 there was a program that lets me setup the phone as a WIRELESS modem/router. This allowed a ipod touch and a laptop to detect my G1 as a WIRELESS hotspot and use its 3G/EDGE connection. It would be nice to have the ipod touch use the bold 9700 3G connection when i am NOT in a wifi area. This way i could browse the web using Safari, download apps, play online games, etc. If anyone knows of such a program or how to do it please help me.

*Note: I don't want to tether using a cable or bluetooth. I want the Bold9700 is show on other laptops/ipod touch as a wireless network.

THANKS!!
    11-17-09 11:09 PM
    99.9% sure that won't work.
    11-17-09 11:33 PM
    Yeah, I've looked. Can't find anything. You want something like JoikuSpot for Nokia phones, but no such app exists, sadly.
    11-17-09 11:36 PM
    The only way that would be possible is to create an adhoc wireless network on your phone which means your phone would give off a wireless signal and share a data connection, the possibility of the BlackBerry doing that is unknown, youy may try to find a third party app for doing that...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 12:20 AM
    hopefully they have will make an app for that! one of many reason why i wanna get the 9700.

i have this app on my Iphone 2g. although internet is slow, i can tether. using my iphone as like a router.
    11-18-09 02:26 AM
    Yeah I've been looking for almost a year to the same thing for my iPod Touch, but there's nothing right now for Blackberries.
    11-18-09 02:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD