Hey i heard a rumor that it is possible to use the blackberry as a modem if you have the internet plan. Is this true?
    05-17-09 06:37 PM
    It depends on your carrier. What carrier do you have? (on wap you can't see profiles.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 06:55 PM
    i use t-mobile
    05-17-09 06:56 PM
    05-17-09 07:00 PM
    cool so i enter the t mobile code and it works?
    05-17-09 07:09 PM
    Yup, it should. If you want a super easy way to tether, look at pdanet, its super easy to use. The above method works great once you get it set up. It does take some stup though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 07:23 PM
    Tethering is great. It eliminates the need for a separate card and you can save yourself $65/month by using your phone instead.
    05-17-09 07:37 PM
    I followed the instructions in that thread, I'm posting on my laptop through my Blackberry, F YES! Thank you so much, that's awesome! Now Until I get my HTC Touch Pro back, I'll have something better than touchscreen internet when I'm not at home or near wifi.. I have the WHOLE THING WOO!

Hopefully the TP2 will have HDSPA or w/e the letters are hehehehe then I could tether that! Or I could just get that samsung if it's gsm compatible LOL.. I think I'm going to try my Tilt later tonight even though it only gets edge on T-Mobile too blah. I wonder if there's a way to get that on 3g since it came from AT&T. The Tilt had H speeds on AT&T too, if you used that htc customizer or w/e and enabled H speeds.

I know the Touch Pro has H, but dunno if it works on T-mobile since it broke before I switched
    Last edited by andrewopolis; 05-17-09 at 08:51 PM.
    05-17-09 08:48 PM
    btw my internet is still connected through the Blackberry when in a phone call! woo!
    05-17-09 08:52 PM
    hmm actually I forgot my phone is connected to my internet through Wifi, so maybe if I disconnect it from that it will end the call since the phone will be on the T-mo network for the call instead of calling through UMA LOL
    05-17-09 09:04 PM
    I followed the instructions in that thread, I'm posting on my laptop through my Blackberry, F YES! Thank you so much, that's awesome! Now Until I get my HTC Touch Pro back, I'll have something better than touchscreen internet when I'm not at home or near wifi.. I have the WHOLE THING WOO!

Hopefully the TP2 will have HDSPA or w/e the letters are hehehehe then I could tether that! Or I could just get that samsung if it's gsm compatible LOL.. I think I'm going to try my Tilt later tonight even though it only gets edge on T-Mobile too blah. I wonder if there's a way to get that on 3g since it came from AT&T. The Tilt had H speeds on AT&T too, if you used that htc customizer or w/e and enabled H speeds.

I know the Touch Pro has H, but dunno if it works on T-mobile since it broke before I switched
    Glad to here that you got it to work!
    05-17-09 09:05 PM
    yup that did it LOL, if the phone is on wifi, you can still make calls and use the internet at the same time. but of course, if you have wifi to begin with, you wouldn't be hooked up through your phone to use Edge, you'd be using the WIFI lol, unless of course you don't have the access rights!

pretty sweet though, dont have to buy a laptop card or usb with 3g if you dont want to download things away from wifi areas, and just browse the net, and post on crackberry

gonna suck if T-mo adds tethering charges someday.. I can't wait to try a 3g or H phone!
    Last edited by andrewopolis; 05-17-09 at 09:10 PM.
    05-17-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";