Guys...just a few questions.

As the company im working for doesnt use BES well they dont use blackberry full stop. How ever i have hooked my personal one up to my email via BIS.

So got a few questioins...

1. can i set up some rules for the email coming through?
    2. if i read my email in oultook. it will still be un-read on my BB ???
    3. can i set up my outlook signature on my BB by going into the email settings?
    4. im sure there are more...

but i would like a business tut for using BIS instead of BES.
    07-23-08 06:58 AM
    Guys...just a few questions.

As the company im working for doesnt use BES well they dont use blackberry full stop. How ever i have hooked my personal one up to my email via BIS.

So got a few questioins...

1. can i set up some rules for the email coming through?Yes
    2. if i read my email in oultook. it will still be un-read on my BB ???Yes
    3. can i set up my outlook signature on my BB by going into the email settings?I believe so. Check the "How-To forum and theres a thread on changing the default signature on the BB. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe so.
    4. im sure there are more...

but i would like a business tut for using BIS instead of BES.
    BIS is rather simple. Theres also a thread about BIS vs. BES. A forum search should find it. GL.
    07-23-08 07:02 AM
    All of the changes you are requesting will have to be made via your provider's BIS login page. Like the poster before me said, check out the how to's, and also search the forums! Lots of good answers in here, just a search away!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 07:05 AM
    You can actually use the redirect feature from the DM if its loaded on your work computer to get the emails that way.
    07-23-08 07:57 AM
    You can actually use the redirect feature from the DM if its loaded on your work computer to get the emails that way.
    Only thing is you have to have your computer on all the time.

07-23-08 08:09 AM
    Only thing is you have to have your computer on all the time.

You're right I forgot to add that, but most people dont shutdown their pc's at work they just lock them. Or at least thats what I do.
    07-23-08 08:45 AM
    Are you able to access your work email via the web through "Outlook Web Access" (OWA) ?

If so, you can set up BIS to work with OWA.
    07-23-08 08:50 AM
    we use zimbra through outlook if that makes sence connected via IMAP i think. So there is a chance i can check my work email from home via the web. just have to visit the zimbra.(company name).com

But now i have another issue...i have set up some rules for my emails in zimbra...so they go to certain folders instead of them kicking around in my inbox....but now im only getting the emails which are going into my inbox instead of the folders?
    07-23-08 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD