Perhaps I missed a thread completely; Google's turned up no results. HELP!!

Can a device with BB Connect on it (in this case my wife's Pantech Duo) connect to BB Unite? According to the Unite manual, all that is needed is a USB connection to the Unite box.

Of course the easy solution would be to get my wife a BlackBerry, but she originally snubbed the idea six months ago when we upgraded our phones. Plus I don't want to have to listen to the comments about a new phone and how "different" it is from her old one. Let's just say that I upgraded her Duo from WM6 to WM6.1 to fix a glitch with the slider, and all I've heard for the last two weeks is how she doesn't like her text messages now (it's threaded instead of a basic text).

I'm apprehensive to try this myself, as I don't want to nuke the Pantech. Has anyone attempted this setup before?
    01-21-09 10:56 AM
    I do not believe this will work. In rather the same was as earlier versions of BES, the Unite! software configures your device through a USB (Serial) connection. Additionally, the Unite! server will install software (Device Management and the Download Manager) and configure the service books to work with Unite directly.

While not having tried it myself at this point, I do not believe that you would be able to use BB Connect with Unite! Sorry.
    01-24-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD