Hi There (Apologies in advance - couldn't find the correct forum form BES)

We currently have a user using a blackberry (sorry cant tell you the model) but he is currently using one BIS account and one BES account.

The Problems:

1:- Emails from BIS account are going to both mailboxes

2:- Cannot send from the BES account (it will only send from BIS account)

-----
    Questions:-

1:- How do you stop the emails from BIS account going to both accounts? (we think they may have a forward on the BIS account to forward them to BES account so will update o you on this..)

2:-How you do select the "from" box or select the mailbox to send from, its currently defaulting to BIS account but he wants to send from BES account. How do you select this quickly?

Hope you guys can help, great forum btw!

Cheers

Jay
    ServiceDesk Team!
    01-26-10 03:47 AM
    I'm not an Enterprise expert, but I believe you can only use one type of email at a time?

I know that with T-Mobile in the states and in the UK, and O2 as well, Your limited to having either a BIS tariff provisioned, or a BES tariff provisioned, Your not *supposed* to be having both.

My best idea would be in having him disable the BIS, and then keep the BES, but setup his additional mail accounts via the BES, as to allow him to send email from any account he chooses.

Again, Take this with a bit of salt, I'm not an enterprise expert by any means.
    01-26-10 03:59 AM
    Thanks for your reply!

The problem we have is that the BIS account is from another company and cant set this up on the BES.

Apparantly, according to Vodafone, you can setup a BIS and BES at the same time but it is not supported.

Thanks

Jay
    01-26-10 04:09 AM
    The BES account will dump messages into the Messages folder. Any BIS account will dump messages into the Messages folder and its respective Email account folder. Its just the way it is.

As far as sending, have the user go to Options->Advanced->Default Services and change to that to the BES account.
    01-26-10 07:09 AM
    Hi There

Ok so the first explanation was good; client understands that. But after trying to follow the second bit "sending through BES not BIS" and the

"As far as sending, have the user go to Options->Advanced->Default Services and change to that to the BES account"

Doesnt work? She either has the BIS account or Desktop?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jay
    01-28-10 09:39 AM
    Hi There

Ok so the first explanation was good; client understands that. But after trying to follow the second bit "sending through BES not BIS" and the

"As far as sending, have the user go to Options->Advanced->Default Services and change to that to the BES account"

Doesnt work? She either has the BIS account or Desktop?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jay
    Sorry. Desktop is the BES account.

All references on the bb to Desktop are referring to the BES account. If she looks in her calendar, contacts, tasks there will be a reference to Desktop.
    01-28-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD