I have an inactive sprint blackberry 8330 that i have been keeping as a backup in case my current phone breaks. It doesnt have wifi and it has no service... any suggestions for uses for this?

i've tried using bbgpsgolf on it to use as a golf gps but unfortunately since it uses the cell signal to assist the gps and i dont have cell service it on it, ive only been able to get sporadic gps signals.

any other ideas? i hate the only occasional use i've gotten out if it is as an alarm clock.

thanks
    08-23-10 07:22 PM
    1. BrickBreaker
    2. Paperweight
    08-23-10 07:26 PM
    Why not sell it? If your BB ever breaks down you can always get a loaner (at least my carrier does if you leave a deposit) ... Or you could always just carry it around everywhere with you, so you'd have two BlackBerrys, and then everyone would assume you were a very successful sales rep for a large corporation... or a drug dealer
    08-23-10 07:42 PM
    video player
    memopad
    ebook reader
    08-23-10 07:49 PM
    Keep it, this was such a workhorse. If something happens to my Bold 9650, this thing is back in action without hesitation.
    08-23-10 08:22 PM
    Keep it, this was such a workhorse. If something happens to my Bold 9650, this thing is back in action without hesitation.
    ditto! I wish I still had mine as a backup
    08-23-10 08:24 PM
    Video recorder, voice recorder, music player, gaming device. There is a slew of ways to use a deactivated blackberry ^.^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD