01-23-08 04:37 PM
- I see a lot of different people using a BlackBerry.
Mostly business people. Are those the REAL major users of BlackBerrys?
If not, who are the major users of BlackBerry ...
AND who are the biggest NON-users of BlackBerrys that can benefit the most from BlackBerrys?
Peace out, BlackBerry for life09-24-07 05:46 PM
- I've been a cellphone user for 15 years, and a smartphone user for about 4 years. Until about 2 years ago, I avoided blackberrys because I thought they were "too plain", "pure business", etc. When I first started using them, however, in a business environment, I was blown away -- and realized how wrong I had been.
Blackberrys still seemed sort of boring to me, though, for the most part. Blah and plain compared to some of the other sexy devices out there. Then the 8700 came along and a saw a glimmer of light. Then the Pearl and the 8800. I really started to like these devices -- and then the Curve came along, and I fell in love. Out of perhaps 12 mobile devices I've owned in 15 years, the Curve is the single best mobile device I have owned.
The camera and media player definitely take it a step closer to a consumer audience. Also, they're clearly getting hip to design considerations. The newer devices look and feel great. They're coming out in consumer-friendly colors (check the new T-Mobile pearl colors, and the new Curve colors!).
To date, I'm guessing that more than 90% of the BB users have been business. But I think that's going to be shifiting pretty quickly over this coming year, and over the next 2 or 3 years. RIM has a solid position in the corporate world, and is quickly catching on to the idea that they can do quite well in the consumer market as well.09-25-07 12:48 PM
- I'm not going back to any other phone; I'm a first time owner of a BlackBerry(7130e) and I'm in love. I'll never go back to another type of phone. It serves all my needs, and I'm a heavy user of it(65-100mb/mth), all for personal use!!
Everyone can benefit from having one.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com09-25-07 02:46 PM
- My boyfriend is a Sprint/Nextel dealer and a CrackBerry head. He has been after me for years to TRY a blackberry and I resisted. I recently purchased an 8830 and am in love!!! I don't know how I've lived without this phone!
A friend of mine is considering getting a blackberry and asked me what I don't like about it and I honestly could not think of a single thing. For business or personal this phone is the deal!!!
Last edited by privatestewardess; 09-25-07 at 06:23 PM.09-25-07 06:20 PM
- Originally purchased a smartphone for work. Started with a Q. Dumped it within a week and have been using BlackBerry's since then.
I use it for work - as a small business owner it is invaluable. I can be out on a sales call and still get things done. As a wife and mom, it lets me be with my family instead of being chained to my desk.09-26-07 12:18 AM
- Maybe more people would use a Berry if sales staff in stores were more aware of their wider appeal.
My wife wants one when her current deal expires having seen and used my curve and whilst instore this week and talking to one of the sales staff she was told that she "didn't want one of those as they are only for business people"
Luckily I overheard this and put him straight!!01-23-08 03:50 PM
- I use my BB for everything! I work in retail so I keep customer info on it. I also homeschool so I keep info on it. I even make calls! Seriously, if it is possible to be in love with a BB, I am. I feel so lucky that I was able to afford to get my BB for XMas with Xmas money. A friend recently got a Palm Centro and at first I was jealous because she can do documents but now she is having problems with it. My BB is doing just fine. I will never be jealous of another phone again. The best phone is the blackberry. di01-23-08 04:26 PM
- I don't know if I would qualify as a business or a personal user...I use mine for just about everything, love the gps functionality, been playing around with blackberrytracker...fun big brother kind of stuff. Gradually moving the core of my music library onto it...01-23-08 04:30 PM
- I have been a personal BlackBerry user since June 2005 when my parents bought me a BlackBerry 7250 for my high school graduation present. I am now on my second BlackBerry, a 8830 World Edition. A full keyboard is lot easier on me than my first cell phone, which was a Motorola T720, because I text often due to my deafness.01-23-08 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD