I don't know if this has been discussed before but here are two useful links that you can use to see if your phone is stolen, reported stolen or blocked. Can be useful if you are buying a used phone etc.

International Numbering Plans, © 2001-2014

Here you can enter your IMEI, and it will give you various information about your phone, approximate age, if the number is valid or blocked internationally etc.

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | Protect Your Data. Protect Yourself.

I actually caught a guy trying to sell me a stolen phone using the second website.

This second website is a government website for Canada where you can actually check if your phone has been reported stolen or blacklisted before you buy. It let's you do two checks per day.

Just thought I'd share, don't post your phone Information in this thread for obvious reasons.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:17 PM
    Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. Could save someone a headache at some point.
    01-19-14 02:23 PM
    You're probably better off checking with the carrier, I don't know how this system works but I would imagine this system doesn't update as quickly as the carriers will.
    If I recall, if you call a service provider with an imei they can check if it's stolen right there.

All that being said, thanks for the information.
    01-19-14 02:33 PM
    Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. Could save someone a headache at some point.
    Yep, very usefull

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 04:22 PM