Hello world. This is my first post. I looked around as much as I could but I didn't find any postings here about this so I wanted to ask. Does anyone know if I can use my flip to connect my Wii? I can use it to connect my laptop but I would love to use it for the Wii as well. I'm hooked on Guitar Hero World Tour and I don't want to have to give in to Comcast just to purchase new songs for it.

Hope this isn't a ridiculous question...
    12-23-08 11:21 AM
    what would be the purpose of connecting it to a wii?
    12-23-08 01:09 PM
    ^^If you connect a Wii to the intertubes, you can update your firmware & get more services. Also you can download retro games, new content (WiiWare) & DLC from purchased games.
    Also, you can send Wiimail to other Wii owners. You can share Mii's, or just have them wander aimlessly from Wii-To-Wii for others to keep. And, you can play online games like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, etc...AND MORE!

Okay, enough background.
    To the original poster...
    I use my BB (8130) to connect my Wii, but I use a modem to bridge the gap.
    My niece ran up a $650 phone/DSL bill that I am in negotiations of reducing, so I have no DSL at the moment. What I do is Tether my BB to the computer & use my wireless modem to connect my Wii.

This probably isn't the ideal solution for you, but if you have an old modem laying around, it�s worth a try.

Other than that, I don't know how to connect a BB directly to a Wii.

I do know that the Wii has Bluetooth to connect its Wiimotes, so there may be an option there. I hope someone else chimes in & sheds some more light on the subject.

I wouldn't mind skipping the CPU Tethering to play some Wii online.
    12-23-08 02:20 PM
    You can essentially do this with any phone you can tether. Basically, on a windows pc, share the teather connection by means of the ethernet port on the pc. You can set this up in advanced connections. Pc pulls internet through phone- pc then shares this through ethernet using DHCP. Any router, other pc, or game system can then be connected to recive internet. Expect major lag though.
    12-23-08 09:32 PM
    I've actually been researching connecting my blackberry storm to my wii for a different purpose. Lately I have been sending messages to friends through my wii, while using the wii remote to type out the messages isn't a big deal, I would love it if I could find a way to use my blackberry as a keyboard instead.

If anyone knows of a way to do this, that would be awesome, so far, I haven't had much luck with it though.
    03-23-09 02:58 AM
    Tethering your PC is one thing... but getting your flip to broadcast a wifi signal to your Wii? Is that what you are asking?
    03-23-09 06:22 AM
    What she wants to do is exactly what I have in mind is try to tether the berry off the back of the wii off the usb ports in order to update or download stuff onto wii because the wii acts almost like a computer where you can surf the web and send emails but needs a connection if you dont have a wireless network in your home . Anyone have any ideas??
    09-22-09 12:57 PM
    I am wondering the same thing as above........

I don't have a pc, but would like to just use my BB as a "source" to connect the wii

Any help would be great!!!!!! =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 09:53 PM
    I'm trying to find out how to do this as well. We live in a very rural area, so VZAccess from Verizon is our best choice for internet. We want to use the Wii on the internet, but aren't sure how to do it. I don't really want to purchase a new wireless router to do it and then find that we will end up lagging. Is there any way to tether directly to the Wii?
    09-19-10 07:22 PM
    the only way to connect your BB to the WII is weigh a wireless. router. the Wi-Fi connection created by a laptop is an ad-hoc network. currently not supported by the WII. I also tethered my BB to laptop for internet but after research found that the WII will not connect to an ad-hoc network. sorry, the best bet is to get your hands on a wireless router and share the network that way
    02-26-12 10:07 AM
    Why would you dig up a two year old thread?
    02-26-12 11:39 AM
    Because many of us are still looking for the answer! Apparently, this can be done on androids :/

I have cancelled our shaw cable connection at our cabin... much to the chagrin of my family... thought we would still be able to access movies, Internet, etc through the wii via my z10's hotspot... no such luck as the wii will recognize my phone, but not connect to it.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD