I have a curve and the GPS works - very cool! I also have a DELL Axim, windows mobile based PDA. Can I use the GPS in my curve to communicate via bluetooth to the Axim? I have the Garmin software on my Axim.
    12-07-08 10:24 AM
    You'd have to find/get an app for the BB that can use the internal GPS and then pretend to be a bluetooth GPS device, I've seen a fake BT GPS app for testing BT GPS with apps on the same device, but not what you are after specifically, not sure if it's even possible though as I don't know that much about BT...
    12-07-08 05:43 PM
    Hi,
    I have a similar problem. I have both a Pearl 8110 (with internal GPS) and a Pearl Flip 8220 (no GPS). I try to connect my 8220 to my 8110 through bluetooth in order to use GPS. It doesn't work.

The 2 devices are paired and connected with Bluetooth. They both have recent OS. My Pearl 8110 gets GPS location when I click on "refresh GPS". But my Pearl Flip 8220, once paired and set up to use 8110 as the external GPS source, doesn't get any GPS location. Applications such as Google Maps, BBMaps do not get GPS data either.

Can anybody help? It would be greatly appreciated!

[I didn't understand the comment of delta_foxtrot2 above... Can you elaborate plz! Thanks!]

Jabc
    Last edited by jabc; 01-30-09 at 07:28 AM.
    01-30-09 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD