When I go to sync my Curve 8310, I get this error message:

"USB Device not recognized, one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

I just got back from vacation and had no problems with it before, what could be wrong? Should I reinstall the desktop manager
    04-29-08 06:24 PM
    I have tried reconnecting it to a new usb port, it recognized it then it said that it didn't recognize it. WTH is going on?
    04-29-08 07:27 PM
    I had this same problem and did two things to solve the problem. First, I changed to a new USB cord. Next I uninstalled the Destop Manager and reinstalled it. That took care of the problem. Hope that helps... I know I was pretty frustrated at the time.

Another suggestion is if you are using DM 4.3, you might consider reverting back to the previous version. A lot of people have done that with success. However, I didn't have to do that. The re-install was the fix.

Good luck!
    04-29-08 07:48 PM
    Thanks. I'll try the new cord and if that fails, I'm open to all suggestions. I have the 4.2.2 verion of DM.
    04-29-08 08:01 PM
    I had the ssame problem and upgraded to DM 4.3 and it has worked fine.
    04-29-08 08:04 PM
    I had a similar problem and it turns out my laptop is the issue. One day it just stopped allowing me to install any peripherals. I can't sync my berry or attach a new printer or anything. I've been meaning to work with Sony on this (I have a Vaio), but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Basically, if you try all of the above and it doesn't work, it may be the computer not the berry or software.
    04-29-08 08:20 PM
    Flurrycat, the computer is not the problem. All of my other usb devices work, MP3 Players, Webcam. I installed the 4.3 this morning, and it still doesn't recognize it. Maybe I'll try getting a new USB cord.
    04-30-08 08:42 AM
    Flurrycat, the computer is not the problem. All of my other usb devices work, MP3 Players, Webcam. I installed the 4.3 this morning, and it still doesn't recognize it. Maybe I'll try getting a new USB cord.
    When I had the same issue I changed USB cords and haven't struggled since. I hope this solves your issue. When I can't synch with my computer I stress like crazy! To me, that's one of the most awesome things about the BB or any PDA. It's my "Executive Assistant" with a one-time salary (the cost of the phone)!!
    04-30-08 09:29 AM
    Starting to get annoyed. I changed the USB cable, no dice. I upgraded the software, no dice. Guess I got to get Blackberry on the phone and At&t. What a pain in the azz.
    05-07-08 07:29 AM
    Did anyone get it fixed? I am having the same identical problem with 8120 pearl, has the same error message, on ANY computer I hook to.
    04-04-09 05:14 PM
    Uninstall your usb drive and reinstall it..... Does the phone charge at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 07:04 PM
    Usb driver not usb drive

04-04-09 07:05 PM
    Yea sounds like an issue with the USB drivers.
    04-04-09 07:22 PM
    If that doesn't work try the following CAREFULLY!!!!

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BREAK EITHER THE CORD OR PORT ON THE PHONE.

Connect the phone to the computer and the press very hard on the connection to the phone..... AGAIN VERY CAREFULLY, but put as much pressure as you can without breaking anything.... If it connects to the dm then it is an issue with the phone and you need a new one.

Before anyone jumps me on this, I talk from experiance I have had this problem on a one week old curve. the phone started to split and this was the only thing that worked to get it to sync and switch to the new phone and it is also the reason I say because, because I DID break a cord doing this.... The phone would connect and then imeditaly disapear. My IT guy even looked at it.... Deleted all the usb drivers and when it still wouldn't work, happened to glance at the pone an notice it was splitting.

Last edited by chelseytx; 04-04-09 at 07:37 PM.
    04-04-09 07:30 PM
    I just had this issue and switched cords.....worked great!!
    04-28-09 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";