Hey, I have searched the forums and did not find a solution. I'm wondering if anyone has successfully installed a new usb jack on their curve. I'm thinking mine is broke or on its way out atleast. Now when I plug it in i have to wiggle it around to the right spot and all it will do is charge. Im looking at a jack from cnn.cn. Any advice people?
    11-03-08 07:49 AM
    It is doubtful that you can repair or replace the jack yourself since it is a surface mount device. BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices will repair it for you in a 24 hour turn around.
    11-03-08 08:04 AM
    Ouch! Thats alot more than what I wanna spend on it. Looks like im goin back to my trusty 8700....don't really like the curve enough to warrant 80 bucks on it. Thanks for the quick reply Pete.
    11-03-08 08:15 AM
    Don't you have insurance?? Is it still under manf warranty??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 08:28 AM
    No I dont have insurance. I acquired it used. Although it is less than a year old. I can upgrade to a new one for 100 bucks but I think I'll hold out for the Bold anyway since its bigger.
    11-03-08 08:31 AM
    You know...after sizing this thing up a little bit I think I'm gonna do this myself. Soldering it one the board shouldn't be an issue since I've done PC boards before. And hey, if i screw it up....garbage can it...lol.
    11-03-08 08:45 AM
    Hey keep us updated... I have similar problem with my curve... Along with cracked lens and pwnd trackball... Tryn to make it last til the jav comes out... And just for every1 elses knowledge , don't kkep your berry on a table underneath a window with a fan in it... Especially if you have cats...
    Aan
    11-03-08 09:16 AM
    check out Cellular Accessories - Nokia, Mobiado, BlackBerry, Accessories Store, Sony, 3G, SonyEricsson, Tools, Ac
    They have all kinds of parts. I will keep you posted on the status of my usb repair.
    11-03-08 09:29 AM
    Hello crackberry members. I am new to this site but, I am not new to repairing Blackberry charger ports. I have a repair store here in atlanta metro area. I can be reached at 678-330-8171 if you would like my services. thank you
    11-03-08 01:43 PM
    Hello cellsquad and welcome to crackberry. Do you have a website that we can go to? I'd like to see more about your store.
    11-03-08 01:46 PM
    thank you for welcoming me. my website is in progress and will be up before thanksgiving. I will make sure to let you know when it is up. My cellphone repair shop address is 5660 memorial drive, stone mountain GA 30083. I do free shipping also for repairs out of state. I also am opening a repair location in trinidad & tobago that will be open in the beginning of 2009.
    11-03-08 02:03 PM
    Hey thanks for recomending that site I'm definately buying a new lens and trackball.... Then maybe att will accept it for warrentee for the usb... Lmao

11-04-08 01:06 PM
    Hey thanks for recomending that site I'm definately buying a new lens and trackball.... Then maybe att will accept it for warrentee for the usb... Lmao

Lol...no problem. Worth a try, right?
    11-04-08 01:58 PM
    Do you have your website up and running yet. I need to have my usb charger port replaced on my bb 8830 and I know the part is around $5, how much does it cost to replace it.

Thanks,

Tim
    08-28-09 10:54 PM
    You might want to consider a charging pod. It saves wear and tear on the usb port.

Mike
    08-29-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD