Just want to give you guys my experience this last week.

I banged my head on the wall for 2 solid days searching here, and the wild world web because my blackberry tour would not be recognized. I had an old one that I was trying to transfer to my new one, and I don't use desktop manager ever, so, I installed and right off the bat got the usb device not recognized issue. I spent two days trying everything everybody said in all the forums everywhere with absolutely no luck!! Talk about frustrated!!

Anyway's I was using the usb synch cable that came with my new blackberry and I had seen a few places where they said it was the cable, but I figured, "nah" it's a brand new cable. Well, I didn't have another one around to try, and I foolishly figured that a brand new cable wouldn't be bad, but guess what? It was the damned cable, as soon as I went to Radio Shack and got me a $20 buck cable and plugged it in, voila!! Not one single issue.

So, put this in the what it's worth catagory and before you beat your brains out, be sure to try a different cable.

Cheers
    06-18-10 10:16 AM
    ALWAYS a good idea to try a new cable!
    06-18-10 10:31 AM
    I"m glad I read this ! My new 9650 is not recognizing also, I didn't know what was wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD