Check this out:

Starbucks brews wireless cell phone charging

Hopefully this works, first time actually starting a thread but I thought it was cool cause the Z30 has this capability AND even cooler I came across this using BBM Channels. Full circle baby, now hopefully this isn't the only phone to be released with this capability and BlackBerry keeps up and ahead of the competition with its ideas.

Z10 via CB10
    06-12-14 11:47 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the only Z30 version that get wireless charging is from Verizon.
    06-12-14 11:55 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the only Z30 version that get wireless charging is from Verizon.
    I think you're confusing wireless charging with charging for wireless service.

Via the BB Tab.
    Last edited by gkl; 06-13-14 at 12:29 AM.
    06-12-14 11:59 PM
    Yea... crap you're right I forgot about that! Maybe it's a start, it's a good one if it is. BlackBerry saw the importance of it like NFC. It's good to see other companies embracing both technologies, but in a different way then just adding the capabilities into a device, but by adding the functionality of the use of it on their end like mobile payments or this charging pad in tables.

Z10 via CB10
    06-13-14 12:01 AM
    The Z30 uses the Qi wireless charging standard does it not? I think the Starbucks charging stations are going to be using the PMA standard, which would make it incompatible with the Z30, and a bunch LG and Nokia devices. I was reading somewhere though that there will likely be a ring that you can buy to plug into your non-PMA standard phone to make it work.
    howarmat likes this.
    06-13-14 01:08 AM
    yep its using pma tech which most phones dont have. almost all are Qi standard. this is a ploy to get people to buy powermat cases basically that use pma
    06-13-14 05:08 AM
    I think you're confusing wireless charging with charging for wireless service.
    This did make me chuckle.
    06-13-14 05:53 AM