Umm, the sources of information about Good's cash and burn are taken directly from Good's own financial statements. Are you saying that Good is lying about themselves?

Okay, instead take the numbers from their most recent update:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n....html?page=all

A $24M+ loss on $55M of revenues?! Seriously!? And one of the posters above called them profitable...lol. So they've managed to cut their LOSSES to slightly less than HALF of their revenues, and their sales growth is losing momentum too, down from 10% to 7% q over q. The CEO of Mobileiron just recently said that 'they don't see Good much anymore'. The private investors that kept Good afloat just took a big (private) equity position of 16m shares for $80m, which at current burn rates will last them for another 1-1.5 years. This diluted the previous owners in a big way without giving them an exit strategy. All bets are on the IPO (being run by Morgan Stanley btw), and mine are on Chen being the spoiler of the party.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 12-31-14 at 06:20 PM.
    12-31-14 05:32 PM
    BlackBerry are dreaming if they think BES12 will be their panacea. The world is marching on... and BlackBerry's stubborn refusal to advertise hardware is only accelerating their extinction.

Thinking that BES12 is going to save the day is simply wishful thinking.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I'm looking at MDM for next year. We have simple needs. Looking at AirWatch, Meraki, MaaS360 and had a look at BES12. Pricing only as I just had to put something in the budget. 2 things made me drop BES12 from my list. a) it was the most expensive. b) the stupid large price difference between the version for BB and the version that does iOS and Android.
    To me that screams of it was written from BB and a module was bolted on for other OS.
    01-02-15 02:18 PM
    Don't get me wrong about this but paying for anything by phone is not as exciting as you think. I had my cibc credit card on nfc for my z10 and was always using it. To me it was a novelty and to show people around me what my z10 can do that's it. I miss the feeling of cash or debit in hand so i don't use that feature any more. And to think to have all your money or credit on your phone and you lose your phone. What do you do? Call the credit card company or bank? How are you going to do that? You just lost your phone.
    Pull out the money? Then why have the stuff on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    I have my cc linked with my sim and nfc is disabled unless you can Crack my picture password/16 char long password. After 10 failed attempts the phone restarts and you will need to enter the sim pin, without that the sim doesn't unlock nfc payments either. It's much safer than using cc...

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    01-07-15 06:51 AM
    Agreed. I'm looking at MDM for next year. We have simple needs. Looking at AirWatch, Meraki, MaaS360 and had a look at BES12. Pricing only as I just had to put something in the budget. 2 things made me drop BES12 from my list. a) it was the most expensive. b) the stupid large price difference between the version for BB and the version that does iOS and Android.
    To me that screams of it was written from BB and a module was bolted on for other OS.
    It essentially was - BB had to license technology from other companies in order to manage iOS and Android devices, so those licenses (and the fees BB pays) kick in when you need to manage iOS or Android, and that means BB has to price that version higher. Plus, of course, they are hoping to leverage that into getting you to buy BB phones for everyone instead - but it's not really working out that way, is it?
    01-07-15 10:14 AM
    It's really not. They would have been better to average the price and make it a lot less obvious that their support for other than BB is reluctant.
    TGR1 likes this.
    01-07-15 02:28 PM
    It might have been me...... I don't know... You can ask Reeneebob.....

Why?????

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4
    Leave me outta this!

... ..........................

Sent from my primary iPhone 6+, my iPad Air 4G, my backup Nexus 5 or my work issued Xperia Z3C.
    nhanken likes this.
    01-09-15 03:50 PM
    Leave me outta this!

... ..........................

Sent from my primary iPhone 6+, my iPad Air 4G, my backup Nexus 5 or my work issued Xperia Z3C.
    😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    01-09-15 03:52 PM
    Here's the latest on Good. As I was saying previously, looks like they're in trouble. IT managers who left BlackBerry to go with Good are soon going to have to eat crow.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/07/sou...than-100-jobs/

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    01-11-15 01:40 PM
    Here's the latest on Good. As I was saying previously, looks like they're in trouble. IT managers who left BlackBerry to go with Good are soon going to have to eat crow.

Sources: Good Technology Axes More Than 100 Jobs | TechCrunch

Posted via CB10
    Quote from the article:

Good’s competitors include the likes of MobileIron and AirWatch. It’s worth noting that there has been a great deal of consolidation in this space over the last couple of years, starting when Citrix bought Zenprise in January, 2013, followed by IBM grabbing Fiberlink in November that year and VMware acquiring AirWatch last January. According to IDC, MobileIron and AirWatch are the big dogs in this space, with Good, Citrix and IBM in the second tier.

It’s important to remember back when BlackBerry ruled the enterprise pre-2010, this was BlackBerry’s world and everyone else was secondary, but they have dropped well back in the pack now, according to IDC.
    Either BB is lying when they say they are still the largest EMM provider, or IDC is full of it.
    01-11-15 04:04 PM
    Either BB is lying when they say they are still the largest EMM provider, or IDC is full of it.
    It all depends on how you define "largest" doesn't it?

My money's on IDC being correct. Anecdotally, we've never been asked about BES support.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:44 PM
    It all depends on how you define "largest" doesn't it?

My money's on IDC being correct. Anecdotally, we've never been asked about BES support.

Posted via CB10
    True. I need to go back and dig up that BlackBerry emm fact check and read it again.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 06:23 PM

http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/07/sou...than-100-jobs/

Posted via CB10
    It's not an either BlackBerry or Good proposition. There are alternatives to Good. The agencies I know of and work with would simply go to Mobile Iron if Good crumbled.

It's a sad reality that these agencies that I work with are motivated to move away from BlackBerry. People usually drag their feet when it comes to yearly inventories, but at the close of 2014 people dashed to get it done because they knew that it was the day they would turn in their BlackBerry devices and get either an SGS5 or an iPhone 6, depending on their stated preference in an inquiry that went out in the summer. The choices were iPhone 6, SGS5, or Lumia 920. No BlackBerry devices were listed. Nobody, NOBODY, chose the Lumia 920. I stopped by and poked my nose in the mobility section and there were bins full of 9930s, piled and ready for shipment to GSA for disposal. On the desks were stacks of iPhone 6 and SGS5 boxes tagged with the name of the person who was getting them. It was a madhouse. People were arriving early for their appointments or coming in ahead of their schedule day. Asset management was completely swamped updating everyone's assigned property information. As soon as everyone returned from vacation last week, BES servers were cut off.

In these agencies the majority of staff have a very negative view of BlackBerry. End users roll their eyes and wrinkle their noses at the very word as if it were something noxious. Nobody except the security divisions push for BlackBerry. And I can personally attest that those who do, end up losing the project and/or ultimately losing the battle.

If Good crumbles they don't immediately see BlackBerry as the solution. Waiting for a company to fail to prop up your preferred company is not a winning strategy.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-12-15 at 06:21 AM.
    01-12-15 05:04 AM
    Do you have a source of that?

Posted via CB10
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Black...system_id51576

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 07:28 AM
    Are any of the iPhones under corporate/government control being affected by the malicious text that causes the phones to reboot? Can the MDM software filter out this malicious text so it doesn't make it to the phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:39 PM
    They want the best security. ..LOL!!!

  
    05-28-15 10:44 PM
215 ... 789