Neither Home Depot nor Target nor Sony had a mobility component. The first two were credit card fraud that would be fixed with chip and pin if we had it implemented like in Europe. Sony was social engineering.

It's a stretch to try to pin it to mobility choices.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    I was just asking cause i don't know what went wrong, who's fault.....
    12-28-14 03:09 PM
    was home depot hacked???
    "You may have received an email from Home Depot notifying customers that along with compromising 56 million credit card accounts, attackers stole 53 million email addresses.

Seculert’s CTO Aviv Raff said the attackers jumped "from a third-party, vendor-specific environment to the corporate environment using a zero-day vulnerability in Microsoft Windows." Slow patch management can bite businesses and users alike. It seems ridiculous for IT to take the position of get hacked, blame Windows, and switch to Macs. Regarding early detection being the key, Raff added, “If you can not only evade detection on the way in, but live there for five months, it’s more like a blind cavern than a blind spot.”

After deploying the patch too late, it took Home Depot five months to detect the attack. Even then, it was the U.S. Secret Service that informed the company of a potential breach after credit card numbers went up for sale in September. Home Depot's former chief executive Mr. Blake told WSJ, "If we rewind the tape, our security systems could have been better. Data security just wasn’t high enough in our mission statement.""
    sentimentGX4 and Deppe like this.
    12-28-14 03:10 PM
    I was just asking cause i don't know what went wrong, who's fault.....
    Yah it was run of the mill credit card theft.

Let me tell you I've started using cash more and more after those two breaches.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    shaleem and kbz1960 like this.
    12-28-14 03:11 PM
    I think it all comes down to the app gap. People just don't want to be bothered to set up a second app store. They want to be able to pick up and use the device right away.

This wouldn't have happened if BlackBerry would have released an Android model with Google Services by now.
    Not necessarily. Big Android OEM's like HTC and Sony aren't raking in money selling Android devices. The real issue is that BlackBerry released BB10 way to late to market. Also, BBOS was so unreliable (spinning clocks, battery pulls, etc) that BB soiled their own reputation, iPhone aside. If the Z30 came out in 2010 then things may have been different, but not necessarily. People still probably would have associated it with BBOS (like now).
    shaleem likes this.
    12-28-14 03:16 PM
    No matter-- the Commander- in-Chief will keep his BlackBerry.

TCB on Z10
    12-28-14 03:17 PM

this is also why I keep all my CC receipt till the bill is in.....
    sam81 likes this.
    12-28-14 03:19 PM
    No matter-- the Commander- in-Chief will keep his BlackBerry.

TCB on Z10
    This is true.
    There are no current contracts out for anything other than BlackBerry in the White House or higher Executive staffers.

12-28-14 03:19 PM

The next move is shopping where cash is cheaper than card. We have a gas station right down the road that charges $.15 less per gallon for cash. That difference is getting smaller and smaller however.
    12-28-14 03:31 PM
    The next move is shopping where cash is cheaper than card. We have a gas station right down the road that charges $.15 less per gallon for cash. That difference is getting smaller and smaller however.
    off course cause the vendor has to pay a fee to use the machine
    12-28-14 03:40 PM
    It's just getting worst.

Neither the classic or Rio will help to retain 5% of those customers.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 03:42 PM
    This is true. I've started going to a gas station that sells cash at five cents lower than debit.

So I've been filling up at 2.40ish.

12-28-14 03:51 PM
    Right. Because the US government should have waited to all renew their contracts to see the outcome of BlackBerry telling the world they were putting themselves on sale and they should have delayed their mobility deployments and refresh cycles until the company was ready to give them a plan going forward.
    All companies everywhere should have all held their mobility plans to see the result of the "For Sale" announcement. That was the responsible thing to do. To wait until a company in a nosedive pulled itself out of it by selling itself with no assurance that a buyer would not then sell it for parts.
    Sure. How dare the US government mitigate risks by implementing a plan B in view of the "For Sale" sign.

And rely on android and Apple for secure devices. Now ask Jennifer what great hands the navy will be in. As far as the for sale sign, that was an attempt of Prem Whatsa trying to get BlackBerry to a privately held status. When he couldn't get it devalued enough share price wise, he executed plan B. Perhaps a little knowledge in corporate takeovers could go a long ways. Anyhow, I stand by my comment. The US needs better leadership at the moment. They have managed to create a crushing deficit over the last 10 years, they are fighting a colder war with Russia, the middle east has collapsed completely which is an area the US is highly involved and now you produce a stupid movie to provoke and fuel tensions with North Korea. As the stakes in security are going through the roof, the US has turned to a BYOD or choose your device policy for its Navy. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    igor10000 likes this.
    12-28-14 05:31 PM
    And rely on android and Apple for secure devices. Now ask Jennifer what great hands the navy will be in. As far as the for sale sign, that was an attempt of Prem Whatsa trying to get BlackBerry to a privately held status. When he couldn't get it devalued enough share price wise, he executed plan B. Perhaps a little knowledge in corporate takeovers could go a long ways. Anyhow, I stand by my comment. The US needs better leadership at the moment. They have managed to create a crushing deficit over the last 10 years, they are fighting a colder war with Russia, the middle east has collapsed completely which is an area the US is highly involved and now you produce a stupid movie to provoke and fuel tensions with North Korea. As the stakes in security are going through the roof, the US has turned to a BYOD or choose your device policy for its Navy. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Comparing/relating Jennifer with the U.S. Navy... Lol!

Posted from an ME173X
    shaleem and Nicholas Kathrein like this.
    12-28-14 05:35 PM
    Comparing/relating Jennifer with the U.S. Navy... Lol!

Posted from an ME173X
    Desperation grasps at incongruity.....

shaleem and jmr1015 like this.
    12-28-14 05:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't blame any of these government organizations or companies one bit for moving on. BlackBerry looked like they were toast last November. It is really incredible to see where they are now when compared to the same time last year. Unfortunately those few months of uncertainty drove a way a lot of corporate and government clients. Let's hope they can stabilize and grow Bes at the very least. If they can be the ones managing ios and android devices than it will be a small consolation.

Posted via CB10
    igor10000 likes this.
    12-28-14 05:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    None of this has got any relevancy to the article.

Nice try at obfuscation.

And nice attempt at a personal dig. Perhaps a little knowledge of agency operations, program management, and contracts would help.

12-28-14 05:43 PM

You should use Apple Pay. Better than than cash I am sure.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:43 PM
    You should use Apple Pay. Better than than cash I am sure.

Posted via CB10
    I do. Very convenient at Starbucks. Love it.

12-28-14 05:45 PM
    I don't blame any of these government organizations or companies one bit for moving on. BlackBerry looked like they were toast last November. It is really incredible to see where they are now when compared to the same time last year. Unfortunately those few months of uncertainty drove a way a lot of corporate and government clients. Let's hope they can stabilize and grow Bes at the very least. If they can be the ones managing ios and android devices than it will be a small consolation.

Posted via CB10
    Nah according to done they should have hung in there and taken the risk of a company that seemed to be imploding. Just for scuzz I suppose.,..

LuvULongTime and Tom Ducharme like this.
    12-28-14 05:47 PM
    Maybe not to the article, but definitely has everything to do with security. Cyber attacks against America are at an all time high and going higher. You should be choosing the best security available. Good and mixed devices is not a great choice.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    12-28-14 05:51 PM
    Maybe not to the article, but definitely has everything to do with security. Cyber attacks against America are at an all time high and going higher. You should be choosing the best security available. Good and mixed devices is not a great choice.

Posted via CB10

Whether you believe it or not, I don't disagree. I would have preferred that we would have stayed with BES. Have never said otherwise.
    12-28-14 05:53 PM
    I'm not a soldier type, however, I firmly support clobbering those who need it. If the Navy personnel wants Androids and Apples so be it. They know their business and I support their decision. Also, those guys should be given income tax exemptions for each year served!
    12-28-14 06:19 PM
    The perception is that Home Depot IT guys do not know, or care, about security by dropping BlackBerry for iPhone. Like the news that Obama and Clinton use BlackBerry but John McCain was widely reported as playing poker on his iPhone during the hearings on Syria. BlackBerry has an aura of class, intelligence and security that looked good on the Navy.

TCB on Z10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    12-28-14 06:20 PM
    It really has to do with all the whiners who don't want to carry a work phone and a personal phone, and really want an iPhone or an Android since what they personally carry. It has nothing to do with data security since the Snowden revelations showed that the iPhone is imminently capable of being compromised using a man-in-the-middle attack. And with the Android system, Blackberry working with Samsung on system security could really make it a viable alternative in the future. But, that's in the future. As an alternate theory, if someone, say the Navy, had a reason to access someone's phone for text and call data, what better phone than the iPhone.
    12-28-14 06:28 PM
    This wouldn't have happened if BlackBerry would have released an Android model with Google Services by now.
    Then BB would be just another Android phone with no real security, capable of being hacked with a MITM attack at any time. BB being BB is obviously the reason that you didn't see the German Chancellor or the British PM showing a Galaxy or an iPhone, they were displaying their Z10s.
    12-28-14 06:39 PM
215 1234 ...