RIM may be banking on the release of BB10 and new devices to rejuvenate the flagging brand, but the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE) isn't waiting around, opting to end their contract after eight years together.

US Immigration and Customs Enforcement drop Blackberry for iPhone, employees get early Christmas bonus -- Engadget
    10-23-12 10:20 AM
    Why would you post this here when there is already a lengthy discuussion of the topic on News & Rumours? At this point, it's old news anyway.
    10-23-12 10:28 AM
    10-23-12 10:29 AM
    Yikes. For a secure conscious agency like Homeland Security to switch is troubling indeed. However I suspect that they have been studying this for a long time and BB10 wasn't even on the list for consideration. Government doesn't move too fast.
    10-23-12 10:31 AM
    Yikes. For a secure conscious agency like Homeland Security to switch is troubling indeed. However I suspect that they have been studying this for a long time and BB10 wasn't even on the list for consideration. Government doesn't move too fast.
    Lol, I guess you never heard of the Fast and Furious fiasco.
    10-23-12 10:56 AM
    Government agencies and contractors move fast when they haven't spent all the budget they requested for the year. It makes it difficult for them to justify the, usually larger, budget for next year.
    10-23-12 10:58 AM
    Lets use the existing thread.
    10-23-12 03:18 PM