Someone with a blog steal my title....

Amazingly the US carriers havent clued in to the fact that the first one to market with the BB10 device will be a winner.
    02-26-13 10:51 AM
    I don't think the first to market will gain a huge advantage as people are locked into contracts. I do think there is a small opportu ity to pick off a few sprint customers. I think T-Mo has the most to gain, even if they aren't the first to market
    anon(3310921) and ajst222 like this.
    02-26-13 10:59 AM
    I know that I've been holding out for the Z10 for a year now. If I upgraded last year (on contract), I'd have to wait another year to get the Z10/Q10 (or whatever device they have out then) if I still wanted to get it on contract. Luckily, my 9700 has held up through the delays. Even though the camera has stopped working, bluetooth can't be turned off/on without a battery-pull being involved, and I have to keep removing apps to keep enough memory available, I've still held out and have been waiting for BB10. I don't know if I'd switch carriers to get the Z10, but I will definitely be rocking one when they come out.
    02-26-13 11:06 AM
    I know that I've been holding out for the Z10 for a year now. If I upgraded last year (on contract), I'd have to wait another year to get the Z10/Q10 (or whatever device they have out then) if I still wanted to get it on contract. Luckily, my 9700 has held up through the delays. Even though the camera has stopped working, bluetooth can't be turned off/on without a battery-pull being involved, and I have to keep removing apps to keep enough memory available, I've still held out and have been waiting for BB10. I don't know if I'd switch carriers to get the Z10, but I will definitely be rocking one when they come out.
    This guys shows devotion!

I've been saving my upgrade for quite a while, I like being off contract, makes Verizon sweat a little. ;-)
    02-26-13 11:09 AM
    I don't think the first to market will gain a huge advantage as people are locked into contracts. I do think there is a small opportu ity to pick off a few sprint customers. I think T-Mo has the most to gain, even if they aren't the first to market
    I think Sprint or T-Mobile could legged up if they got it out the door before Verizon or ATT. But in Sprint's case I think they sold there soul to get Apple devices so its not like they can really go out on a limb. A good showing from number 3 or 4 carrier would push the 1/2 carriers to do something other then testing/installing bloatware.
    dphjeff likes this.
    02-26-13 12:55 PM
    Again there is still the issue of the key US apps that are coming soon. Since the Verizon phone just cleared the FCC yesterday, I don't think the delay was all the carriers faults. Why did the AT&T model clear in early January, and the Verizon one just clear? Also Verizon has an exclusive on White (stupid BlackBerry doing exclusive anything with a carrier). They probably wouldn't let anyone release until they all had the same opportunity, and Verizon just getting their version FCC approved was probably one of the milestones. I'm not sure if the T-Mobile one has cleared the FCC either as they will need the RFK121 to have full compatibility with their network (AT&T model doesn't have the AWS HSPA+ support while the RFK121 does).
    Clinto likes this.
    02-26-13 01:08 PM
    The different USA release date has been a blessing to me since I cannot upgrade until June. It has been a blessing because now I will only have about 30 days of going to the AT&T store to play with the phone, generally making a nuisance of myself until I can get one. That is 30 days if AT&T still lets you upgrade up to 30 days prior to the actual date your contract expires. If anyone happens to be in Louisville and you see some slightly crazed wrung out lurker who mutters to himself and gently paws the Z10 on display, it will be me.

If you purchase a Z10 and notice this same fella stalking you, do not call the police. I am perfectly harmless and just want to see the "pretty, pretty box and the pretty pretty phone."
    02-26-13 03:18 PM
    Again there is still the issue of the key US apps that are coming soon. Since the Verizon phone just cleared the FCC yesterday, I don't think the delay was all the carriers faults. Why did the AT&T model clear in early January, and the Verizon one just clear? Also Verizon has an exclusive on White (stupid BlackBerry doing exclusive anything with a carrier). They probably wouldn't let anyone release until they all had the same opportunity, and Verizon just getting their version FCC approved was probably one of the milestones. I'm not sure if the T-Mobile one has cleared the FCC either as they will need the RFK121 to have full compatibility with their network (AT&T model doesn't have the AWS HSPA+ support while the RFK121 does).
    Well at least with Verizon we know that its a CDMA phone (Sprint would be too). So that at the very least is a clear difference in the hardware. T-Mobile GSM? I know ATT is GSM, so in theory there phone should be similar to what is currently offered globally or at least that is what I have been lead to believe.
    02-26-13 03:54 PM
    I'd sure nominate you to win a new Z10 from CrackBerry if I could!! Your poor 9700 story isn't funny but it made me laugh. (you know, not laughing at you, laughing with you )
    Xopher likes this.
    02-26-13 08:11 PM
    The different USA release date has been a blessing to me since I cannot upgrade until June. It has been a blessing because now I will only have about 30 days of going to the AT&T store to play with the phone, generally making a nuisance of myself until I can get one. That is 30 days if AT&T still lets you upgrade up to 30 days prior to the actual date your contract expires. If anyone happens to be in Louisville and you see some slightly crazed wrung out lurker who mutters to himself and gently paws the Z10 on display, it will be me.

If you purchase a Z10 and notice this same fella stalking you, do not call the police. I am perfectly harmless and just want to see the "pretty, pretty box and the pretty pretty phone."
    I am in Louisville and will be upgrading to Z10 at the Shelbyville Rd. AT&T on launch day.

Please don't mug me... haha
    02-26-13 11:24 PM
    Well at least with Verizon we know that its a CDMA phone (Sprint would be too). So that at the very least is a clear difference in the hardware. T-Mobile GSM? I know ATT is GSM, so in theory there phone should be similar to what is currently offered globally or at least that is what I have been lead to believe.
    AT&T will likely be using the RFF91 which lacks T-Mobile's HSPA+ support in the 1700/2100 MHz bands. It will work in markets that T-Mobile has refarmed as others have shown. However I think that T-Mobile will use the RFK121 which has everything the RFF91 has, plus HSPA+ support in the 1700/2100 MHz bands too as it would be compatible with T-Mobiles entire network, not just the refarmed areas.
    undone likes this.
    02-27-13 08:19 AM
    I am in Louisville and will be upgrading to Z10 at the Shelbyville Rd. AT&T on launch day.

Please don't mug me... haha
    You will of course have pity on the lurker/stalker and show him the box and show him the phone. Though he is harmless, do not, I repeat DO NOT let him handle the phone. His drool can be deadly to your phone!!

I will be going to the Dixie Highway location down near Lowe's to fondle and drool on the working Z10 demonstrator, dreaming and impatiently counting down the days until I can upgrade. I desperately need a countdown app so that I can anticipate the great day called UPGRADE.
    02-27-13 10:40 AM
    Your poor 9700 story isn't funny but it made me laugh. (you know, not laughing at you, laughing with you )
    I'm laughing right along with you. At one point, the battery door cracked when it fell out of its holster, and I had black gaffers tape (aka duct tape) holding the battery in place until I got a new one. Every time I look at it, I say: "just a little while longer..."
    02-28-13 11:12 AM