Well i'm sure most of you guys on this have seen many problems like this before and are sick to death of seeing them on here but I really don't have anywhere else to go..

Basically my blackberry is half and half, sometimes it works, sometimes I can't move the sensor to select things and nothing on the phone works at all but loads. Now however it's lost it's last life and it's forever not working.
    The problem with this is that i've received six or seven text messages which i'm in urgent need of reading as i'm meant to be receiving some VERY important news from a casting company, unfortunately by text :/
    I just don't know what to do anymore, I can't access them but I need to, desperately!

Please spare a hand folks and help a guy out I just don't know what else to do..
    08-25-11 04:47 PM
    Back up the device using BlackBerry Desktop Manager and then use software such as MagicBerry to open the IPD file from the backup and read the messages.
    08-25-11 05:13 PM
    If im not mistaken, sounds like you have a faulty trackpad. I suggest you turn your device in for a replacement. I've had similar problem like you described where sometimes the trackpad would just stop working. It is NOT a software related issue and the only way you get it fixed is replace the trackpad module or get a new Blackberry. On a side note, i've had enough with build quality issues from RIM with my bold 9780 and playbook. I jumped ship to Android and would never come back.
    08-25-11 05:16 PM
    I would but my warranty doesn't cover water corrosion.
    08-26-11 04:07 PM
    Put your SIM card in another phone and receive future text messages there....?
    08-26-11 04:11 PM
    Also I couldn't get Magic Berry working at all, anything else I can try?
    08-26-11 04:35 PM
    I would but then I wouldn't be able to read the texts I have currently on my phone, there's a text on there I can't lose, it's pretty vital..
    08-26-11 04:36 PM
    Are you able to do anything on the phone? The phone powers up but you can't move your cursor? Do you have keyboard shortcuts or anything enabled?
    08-26-11 04:45 PM
    Also I couldn't get Magic Berry working at all, anything else I can try?
    What didn't work?

Did you extract the file? Did you install it on your computer? Would it not open the IPD file?

ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter used to be another option, but you may or may not be able to find it anymore for download.
    08-26-11 05:10 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 09:00 PM
    Try Magic Berry again. It works if you can backup your phone to your PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 10:21 PM
    I see that you have mentioned a water damage on the phone. I would suggest you to attempt the rice trick. cover the device in a can of uncooked rice overnight, with all the doors and compartments open on it. It has helped quite a few times. OR take it to a service technician and get the track-pad assembly replaced.
    08-27-11 01:35 AM
    If tried the rice trick several times and it no longer works, I downloaded magic berry but after I downloaded it I couldn't open it because I didn't have the appropriate program, then I tried using WinZip to extract it and it wouldn't. Not really sure what to do but today is the last day, i'm going to need to get a new phone and leave those messages behind if I can't read them even though I need to.
    08-27-11 07:59 AM
    The file is a RAR file. It's compressed. Just Google search for "unrar" and you will find free software to extract the file.
    08-27-11 08:03 AM
    Try 7-Zip to properly unpack Magic Berry on your PC.
    08-27-11 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD