anyway. i use a bold and a mac with pocketmac. i sync my bold, at the end it says like errors occurred. no biggie. i think while it as syncing a warning screen comes up and i clicked remove from mac. (probably was an appointment i deleted on my bold cuz i finished it and wanted it removed from my mac)
    anyway, all my calendars and contacts have been deleted from my computer. Luckily the bold has all contacts on it still. I need to know how to get this info back to my mac. I use ical and address book on my mac. when using pocketmac, should i just click "restore to mac"
    basically when I sync it, will it delete everything off my phone, or move everything onto my computer?
    11-25-08 11:39 PM
    anyone know?
    11-26-08 10:40 AM
    anyway. i use a bold and a mac with pocketmac. i sync my bold, at the end it says like errors occurred. no biggie. i think while it as syncing a warning screen comes up and i clicked remove from mac. (probably was an appointment i deleted on my bold cuz i finished it and wanted it removed from my mac)
    anyway, all my calendars and contacts have been deleted from my computer. Luckily the bold has all contacts on it still. I need to know how to get this info back to my mac. I use ical and address book on my mac. when using pocketmac, should i just click "restore to mac"
    basically when I sync it, will it delete everything off my phone, or move everything onto my computer?
    I use Pocetmac Sync as well. Even on its best days it has its problems. This *should* work.

Open PocketMac SyncManager
    Click the BlackBerry button to open up all your sync choices
    Click on the contacts button and make sure AddressBook Contacts is checked
    Click the Advanced Preferences button
    It should open a new Advanced Preferences window
    At the bottom there is a choice to "Always overwrite Mac"
    Select it and save

This should take all your Bold contacts and load them into Address Book without touching them on your device.

Repeat this exact same procedure for the Calendar option in Pocketmac.

I am not 100% sure because I only use Pocetmac to sync with Entourage, but I have done it this way with Entourage and it works fine.

I would also only do one thing at a time>> sync just your contacts to Address Book. Close everything out and eject the Bold. Check Address Book on your Mac and make sure it's good to go. Then go back do iCal. I find Pocketmac gets fickle when you give it too much at once.

I hope this helps you out!
    11-26-08 11:14 AM
    Sounds good I will try that when I'm home. But I will do it for calendar first because that easier to replace if something
    goes wrong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 11:21 AM
    that worked for my calendar, ical now has everything but when i did it with address book, only 1 contact transferred over. (weird, this contact was the same contact that stayed on my computer last night when all others were erased....)

any suggestions anyone, or other programs?
    11-26-08 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD