Greetings, fellow Crackheads!
    I use BlackBerry Desktop 4.6 with my BB 8310, and it has worked fine until about a month ago: Now, when I click "Media Manager" and then <Start>, the Roxio logo displays followed by a MS Visual C++ Runtime Library error Media Manager 9.exe...This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Contact app's support team yada yada...and then back to the Desktop Manager...Media Manager never starts. I have uniinstalled and reinstalled the BB Desktop Manager 4.6 WITH Media Manager, and same results! This is MOST frustrating, as I cannot email images to myself (no data package at the moment), and can't use the card in a reader because I don't want to have to disassemble my BB every time I want to transfer an image from my computer to the BB. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated! Please email me at [email protected]. Thank you kindly!! ~Steve
    09-28-08 04:13 PM
    You dont have to use Roxio to move images onto your BB, neither do you have to remove your media card and put it in a reader.

From your BB go to Options>Media Card. Make sure that Media card support is set to ON and that Mass storgae support is ON, you can also select auto enable mass storage when connected. Save this.

Hook your BB up to your pc. The bb will now show as a removable storage device under "my computer" on your pc. Simply select the file you wish to move and drag and drop into the removable storage device ( your BB ).

Hope that helps
    09-28-08 04:27 PM
    GritMster, thanks ALOT for reminding me of this...I actually had done this before I started using the Roxio interface. It indeed works as you describe. I still wonder why the BB Destop Manager 4.6 Media Manager install does not work! You'd think BB would have this fixed by now. In any case, thanks again! If you ever need any photography advice, please contact me via [email protected].
    Regards,
    Steve
    09-28-08 05:19 PM
    No problem. Actually I've sent you an email about a photography question I have. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD