With my mobile devices of the past when a hardware or OS enhancement came out it would wipe everything down to the email settings - is this also true for Blackberry?

I don't mind reinstalling mobipocket or my other "stuff", but I have v4.2.2.170 for my 8310 and notice there is an update and I always like being up to date but don't want to **** off my home office IT by having them re-register the device....

Thanks
    06-06-08 08:17 AM
    BlackBerry is much smarter then that.

The OS upgrade begins with a backup and ends with a restore of all the data and settings.

It is near perfect, but I have noted site cookies are not valid. Not a big deal, a one time repeat sign on.
    06-06-08 09:46 AM
    BlackBerry is much smarter then that.

The OS upgrade begins with a backup and ends with a restore of all the data and settings.

It is near perfect, but I have noted site cookies are not valid. Not a big deal, a one time repeat sign on.
    What he said. Updating your BB is a piece of cake. Just make sure you have around an hour free, sometimes it takes a while. Most of the time for me though, it only takes about 15-20 minutes.
    06-06-08 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD