Hey guys,

What's up? I just upgraded from my BlackBerry Curve 8310 to the BlackBerry Bold both using AT&T.

Few questions...

1. When I first started to use the Bold it automatically transfered all my contacts from my old SIM, but it seems like it left out most of my newer added numbers, any way to get them on there without manually adding them?

2. All my BBM contacts are gone, I had 45 on my old phone. Anyway I can just transfer them over?

3. Do you guys think the Bold is a better phone then the Curve? I'm still skeptical if I like it or not, I have 30 days to bring it back. So far it seems pretty damn cool.

4. When setting up personal email it says:
    Your account is currently configured to use devide with PIN: (old pin)
    Would you like to switch to the device with PIN: (new pin)

YES or NO

What am I suppose to do?

5. Is there anythings I should do right away with the new bold? Special charge? Special setting changes? App downloads? etc.

Thanks in advance.
    11-19-08 01:22 AM
    the pin is device hard coded. So each time you get a new blackberry your pin changes BBM uses the pin so when you get a new phone all your contacts still have your old pin on there phone. Its almost the same as if you were to use yahoo messenger and sign up a new account. As far as switching the pin

if you click no the pin wont be active if you click yes it will activate your new pin on the account.

Just remember everytime you change phones you lose your old pin.
    11-19-08 01:28 AM
    1&2- Use the Device Switch Wizard. Connect your old phone to the Desktop Manager and then it will copy everything and prompt you to change to the new Bold and then put everything on it.

3- I do. 3g, wifi, 2mp cam, camcorder & gps all in a nice package. Keyboard, good spacing.

4- Yes... Are you on BES? Never saw that for BIS. Ensure you change and update your PIN/IMEI on BIS site.

5- Reduce the screen brightness for more battery life. Search for CrackMem and use that to free memory. Also upgrade your OS to .185. The .185 can be found in a sticky on the Bold forums.
    11-19-08 01:32 AM
    1&2- Use the Device Switch Wizard. Connect your old phone to the Desktop Manager and then it will copy everything and prompt you to change to the new Bold and then put everything on it.

3- I do. 3g, wifi, 2mp cam, camcorder & gps all in a nice package. Keyboard, good spacing.

4- Yes... Are you on BES? Never saw that for BIS. Ensure you change and update your PIN/IMEI on BIS site.

5- Reduce the screen brightness for more battery life. Search for CrackMem and use that to free memory. Also upgrade your OS to .185. The .185 can be found in a sticky on the Bold forums.
    Thank you. What's BES and BIS? What's the BIS site? I just choose "Yes" to switching the PINS and everything seems to work fine.

Is it possible to connect the phones via blue tooth? I mean I've already manually added all my BBM contacts, but I wouldnt mind getting the rest of my newly added phone numbers off my old phone.

Also when plugging in my old phone (with no SIM) nothing shows up in the desktop manager.
    11-19-08 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD