I currently have an iPhone 6 on Tmo, but I want to upgrade for the Priv because I am tired of iPhone..I was wondering would it be more beneficial to purchase the Priv from ShopBB and take it to TMo or upgrade on TMo and get it that way..considering the new Marshmallow update idk which option would be better.
    05-05-16 03:32 PM
    Depends on what your needs are.

The biggest advantage to buying the phone through ShopBB, in my opinion, would be that you'd be on BlackBerry's schedule for updates, and not TMO's (like the way iOS updates work.)

The biggest advantage to buying the phone through TMO would be EIP; I haven't checked lately, but TMO's price may be more than ShopBB's.

Either way--WiFi calling, voLTE and band 12 LTE will work if you're running the same build TMO Privs are.
    05-05-16 03:50 PM
    Is the price lower on ShopBlackBerry? Same price as Best Buy also. $649.

Tmo price is $719.
    05-05-16 03:53 PM

The biggest advantage to buying the phone through TMO would be EIP; I haven't checked lately, but TMO's price may be more than ShopBB's.
    I checked. ShopBlackBerry and Best Buy are cheaper than Tmo. There are financing plans available for both of those.
    raino likes this.
    05-05-16 03:54 PM
    I get all of my phones from ShopBlackberry now after being burned from late or no updates from Tmobile on my Q10 and Z10. Tmobile Priv seem to have a little more bloatware vs the one from ShopBlackberry. My friend's husband has had more issues with his Tmobile Priv vs mine too.

Posted via my Priv
    raino likes this.
    05-07-16 09:24 AM
    I'm done buying carrier branded phones. Unlocked all the way for me.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    05-07-16 12:29 PM
    The last time I purchased a cell phone from my carrier was my Bold...

Posted via my incredible Passport
    05-07-16 04:21 PM
    Not sure if this is relevant on Priv, but I bought a classic from Shop BlackBerry and it worked like a charm on T-Mobile with wifi-calling, the works. Then I got an update from BlackBerry that T-mobile never pushed, and it completely broke WiFi calling.

Unlocked phone on tmo can be both a blessing and a curse. Depends if you value faster updates versus better carrier support.

 C L A S S I C
    Last edited by mvsalvino; 05-08-16 at 10:14 AM.
    05-07-16 04:59 PM
    Last carrier branded phone for me was this '13 Z10. Classic, Passport and Z30's were all bought via shop BlackBerry. Irrespective of device I'll never buy carrier branded again. (it's like insanity. People complain and they turn around and lease or finance to upgrade and start all over again.)

Z10 on 10.3.2
    05-08-16 12:00 AM
    I have a T Mobile branded Priv and so far I have been OK with the delivery of the updates from my carrier. But, a couple of my friends say it's too slow and choose to buy direct from Blackberry.

For myself, it's not a big deal, my only gripe is the warranty policy, I shouldn't have to go to my carrier for warranty. Blackberry built this device and I should be able to deal with them directly.

Other then that issue, the T Mobile updates are fast enough for my needs.
    05-08-16 07:32 AM