I am currently with Verizon, and am due for an upgrade in September. I've never had a Blackberry or other smartphone before, but I'm ready to take the step up. My main uses will be the usual (calls, text, etc) and also internet. I am in grad school online, so I will need to access my school's website for online classes. It would be nice to have wi-fi capabilities, but not a deal breaker. Does anybody have any suggestions, be it a Blackberry or other smartphone? Like I said, I won't upgrade till September, so if there is anything new coming out before then that anyone knows of, I'd appreciate the help!
    06-20-09 05:54 PM
    With Verizon? Yeah, my personal suggestion is Blackberry. I've played around with the rest of the smartphones they offer, and I they just seem sluggish and difficult to use, especially the touchscreen phones.

You might look into the BB Tour that's coming out (rumored) mid-July.
    06-20-09 06:10 PM
    I love the storm, I use it for school constantly, I get my emails instantly from professors. I have a full size bluetooth keyboard that I use for all my word processing needs(word and excell)

But the if the touch screen isn't your thing I would get the Tour that will be out then.

I do think that Blackberry is the only way to go.
    06-20-09 06:49 PM
    Whatever you do, stay away from the Storm. Get the Tour when it comes out if you are staying with VZW. That will most likely be the best device VZW has and the best or second best (BOLD) blackberry available at that time.
    06-20-09 07:53 PM
    I am currently with Verizon, and am due for an upgrade in September. I've never had a Blackberry or other smartphone before, but I'm ready to take the step up. My main uses will be the usual (calls, text, etc) and also internet. I am in grad school online, so I will need to access my school's website for online classes. It would be nice to have wi-fi capabilities, but not a deal breaker. Does anybody have any suggestions, be it a Blackberry or other smartphone? Like I said, I won't upgrade till September, so if there is anything new coming out before then that anyone knows of, I'd appreciate the help!
    get a BB and u will love it.. not sure y the guy is hating on the storm when his carrier is AT&T. Most of us love our storms..
    06-20-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD