So I have a Blackberry Pearl and I have had it for a few years now, I have been waiting to upgrade until there was a good Blackberry worth upgrading to.
    So now there is the Storm, The Tour, the new Curve coming soon...
    How the heck do you pick which one to upgrade to??
    Which is the best??
    Should I just stick with my Pearl?
    Help!!
    And Thanks!!!
    07-01-09 03:23 PM
    You need to go to store and try them. I love my Storm, but you've gotta decide what you like about them. They're all good phones.
    07-01-09 03:32 PM
    The new Curve? the 8900?

Well it depends what you like really!
    When you do upgrade, just go to the store and hand hold each one, get a feel of it etc. Also I think there's features and things...
    07-01-09 03:32 PM
    Yeah, definately get a feel of the different devices out there, also, there is a new Storm slated for release later this year.. so if you're into the touchscreen scene wait it out a bit but the Tour is definately a strong powerhouse..
    07-01-09 04:13 PM
    So I was looking on the Blackberry site and the Tour has most every feature a Blackberry can have except Wi Fi....? What does that mean to me the user?? Is that a big deal???
    07-02-09 10:29 PM
    So I have a Blackberry Pearl and I have had it for a few years now, I have been waiting to upgrade until there was a good Blackberry worth upgrading to.
    Which is the best??
    Help!!
    And Thanks!!!
    Any phone above would be an upgrade from the 8130. Although, I would highly recommend the BlackBerry Tour.
    07-02-09 10:50 PM
    So I was looking on the Blackberry site and the Tour has most every feature a Blackberry can have except Wi Fi....? What does that mean to me the user?? Is that a big deal???
    Not so much.
    07-02-09 10:51 PM
    Personal preference really, a lot of people like the sure touch, i personal had to have a storm for awhile to realize i dont like touch screens, period. The curve is a great phone also quick and responsive. The Bold is an amazing phone although no GPS and is GSM. Most Blackberry's are equal as far as features, it just depends depends on power, looks, GPS, WIFI, or World (International Roaming), which you really only have to worry about on a CDMA network like Verizon, Sprint, etc. Just things to think about, but get your hands on them all its the only way to know. Hope it helped a little. Have a great Day!
    07-02-09 10:53 PM
    Yeah so far I have held and checked out all the above except the Tour and I'm not a touch screen fan so the Curve is my choice at this point, But the Tour looks really good too!! I do however like the buttons on my Pearl more than the tiny Curve ones...
    07-02-09 10:59 PM
    The bold has a gps, I use it all the time, lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 11:03 PM
    I guess i've just had my pearl so long that I worry about, choosing a new phone and not liking it!! And if they are all so similar why make so many???
    07-03-09 10:20 AM
    Hey there!

All newer models, bold, 8900, tour, storm, and pearl flip, all come
    with camera, gps, social networking, multimedia, and email support.

So for the best solution narrow it down by asking yourself:

1. What would be the main purpose of your phone.
    Business use - bold, 8900, tour
    Consumer pleasure - storm, pearl flip

2. What you'd want in your ideal phone:
    Full keyboard - bold, 8900, tour
    Touch screen - storm
    Suretype (2 letter per key) Pearl flip

3. What could help enhance my phone?
    Wifi - bold, 8900, pearl flip
    3g - bold, tour,storm

4. Does size matter?
    Yes - 8900, tour
    No - bold
    *size includes form factor and flash memory

Happy hunting!
    07-03-09 11:30 AM
    Which is the best??
    Help!!
    And Thanks!!!
    No need to upgrade if you still like the Pearl
    07-03-09 02:07 PM
    There is another choice, have you upgraded the OS software on your Pearl?

If not, the new OS has made a number of worthwhile improvements including Video, Voice Notes, HTML email and a lots more.

It will make your old Pearl new again. If you have made peace with SureType by now, or have grown to love it, nothing is smaller or slimmer then a Pearl.
    07-03-09 04:01 PM
    There is another choice, have you upgraded the OS software on your Pearl?

If not, the new OS has made a number of worthwhile improvements including Video, Voice Notes, HTML email and a lots more.

It will make your old Pearl new again. If you have made peace with SureType by now, or have grown to love it, nothing is smaller or slimmer then a Pearl.
    I'm on 4.5.0.127 is that the newest??
    07-05-09 10:18 PM
    I'm on 4.5.0.127 is that the newest??
    Yeah, 4.5 is the newest OS for the previous generation of BlackBerrys.
    07-05-09 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD