Its been a month since I last visited CB and tonight I noticed that AT&T has officially released 4.5 for my 8310. This is what I have been waiting for a long time but now having second thoughts. My 8310 works great only had to do two battery pulls since Ive had it. I installed Enpower after I first got the device in order to view emails and HMTL (Great App). I guess what Im saying is everything is perfect. So to all you who upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5, WAS IT REALLY WORTH IT ? WHAT AM I GAINING ? And finally if I decide to upgrade, does BB Desktop save all my settings or do I have to setup email accounts, google mobile, google maps and whatever else I have installed ? I appreciate your help.
    01-28-09 07:52 PM
    The built in HTML email is worth it alone, I'd go for it, as long as you make a backup you have nothing to lose. It made the general OS snappier on my 8800 as well.
    01-28-09 08:01 PM
    Yeah mine is a lot faster all around as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 08:03 PM
    If you are flawless, and you can get your HTML emails, then I would stick with what you have, until you run into an issue. The phone is working great, why risk something going wrong?

My opinion, dont fix whats not broken!
    01-28-09 08:05 PM
    I chose not to upgrade. I see no reason for me personally and I am running fine with 4.2.2. I have messed around with a friends phone who has 4.5 and there was no need for me to update. It is not broke here so I am all good. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    01-28-09 08:27 PM
    I was aprehensive about upgrading to 4.5 from 4.3, but I couldn't be happier that I did. The HTML e-mail is effortless to do, and the Docs To Go application that comes with it is really cool as well, even if you aren't going to use it on a daily basis. I think that it's worth the upgrade, and if for no other reason, just to give the process a try. Kind of gets you more in depth with your device, and what it can do you know?
    01-29-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD