I'm pretty sure the answer is here somewhere, but I'm just not sure what keywords to use to search for my issue.

If I upgrade my Curve to a Storm (when it comes out), will my third-party software be automatically upgradable too? For example, will Nintaii and Beejive transfer over?

Thanks in advance for the help.

(*also, does anyone know why Crackberry advertises BES Empower to be compatible with OS 4.5.x? It definitely is not.)
    10-19-08 10:38 AM
    There's no single answer for 3rd party software. It depends on the vendor. Garmin states that their license is for the life of the specific BlackBerry for which it was purchased. If you change devices, you buy another license. With Pocket Express, you can change your license to your new pin for no charge. I'm not familiar with NinTaii and Beejive. You should check their websites or contact customer support to verify whether those apps can be moved to a new device.
    10-19-08 02:43 PM
    Beejive depends on which license you picked. The User license can be transferred to new devices, the device license can not.

They do have an license transfer price for device licenses though (per transfer).
    10-19-08 02:49 PM
    i have a 8320.
    I want to know how to download the 4.5 to help me read emails without the codes
    10-19-08 02:56 PM
    I am new on this site
    10-19-08 02:56 PM
    i have a 8320.
    I want to know how to download the 4.5 to help me read emails without the codes
    I am new on this site
    The Proper Upgrade / Downgrade Procedure that's linked in my sig will tell you what you need to know, but if you don't know what you're doing, you shouldn't attempt it. It's not trivial, and you can easily brick your phone.

Hijacking a thread with an unrelated request isn't cool, and is not a good way to introduce yourself to the community. Next time, read the forums and post your question correctly.
    10-19-08 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD