I just bought a new BB Curve 8310 off of ebay & received it today...it has randomly shut itself off about 20 times so far. When it does this, I have to take the battery out and put it back in in order to turn it back on. I have already tried a wipesweep that I saw on a previous thread and it is still shutting off. I have seen a few threads on correcting the problem by updating the OS. The problem is, I have NO idea how to go about it or how to know what the newest version of the OS even is and the threads that I've seen are at least a year old. Also, I have no idea how to look and see what OS it is currently working off of.

Can anyone offer any advice to help correct this problem or can you tell me how to go about updating the OS?

Thanks in advance!
    09-18-10 01:26 PM
    That symptom is more likley a battery or internal power supply fault, advise the seller, if they did not disclose the problem in advance. If you do not get a satisfactory response, advise PayPal to dispute payment while you attempt to sort out the problem.

The first step is to determine which OS version you have installed:

Options / About. The version number may be v4.2.xx.xx or newer.

If you decide to follow through with the upgrade, download and install both BlackBerry Desktop Software and the latest available OS package. You will find a link to the OS at the top of each device subforum.
    09-18-10 01:35 PM
    Thank you!

I went to Options>About and it is v4.5.0.182

What I have noticed but failed to mention in my earlier post too, is that it doesn't power off if the sim card isn't in it. Once I put my sim card in, it starts randomly shutting off. I take the sim card out and it never powers off. Could that mean a sim card issue in relation to this phone? My sim card doesn't give me any problems in my BB Pearl that I have been using.
    09-18-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD