Yes, I new to the blackberry phone. I just got my blackberry. I would like to get some new themes so I can have my icons the way I want them. I would like to make my own theme. Also I would like to know if there are any updates to update the black berry 8310. This is the following information I have for bb.

platform 2.5.0.30
    app version 4.2.2.170(312)

Are there any updates for the bb. 8310. I just want to know for future reference. Can I update my BB with future updates, like a computer.

Thanks again

John Sanchez
    NRD San Francisco.
    04-28-08 06:02 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/how...r-themes-1595/

Will get you some new themes pretty quick without having to download anything. Plus doing that will get you more familiarized with your new device. And Welcome TO CB!
    04-28-08 06:04 PM
    thanks for the quick response,

Is there a program that I can get that will help me create my own theme. Also is my phone up to date with the current updates. If not then how could I download updates such as newer versions. Please advise.

V/r,

John Sanchez

NRD San Francisco
    04-28-08 06:17 PM
    There are several good threads about how to update. Being new to the Berry, I woiuld upgrade to the 4.2.2.194. There is a link that you can find under search. Also, you will need to upgrade your DM(desktop manager) to 4.3 to install any OS (operating system) newer than .170

Welcome to CrackBerry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 06:18 PM
    how would I do all this. I would like to have a step by step please advise. Thanks again
    04-28-08 06:27 PM
    There is an app that you can use to make themes. It's made by plazmic. I don't know where to download it, but I'm sure you can google it.

Welcome to Crackberry!
    04-28-08 10:23 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

I have OS 4.3.0.66 on my Pearl and I have no problems with it. If you use the Search Forums feature in the blue bar above you can find step by step instructions on how to upgrade your OS and how to download themes. I figured out how to get themes this weekend, it did take awhile but it wasn't too bad. If I can figure it out, anyone can! Good luck!
    04-28-08 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD