I've had my curve about 7 months and have no major problems! I'm new to Crackberry and love it, but after reading many posts, I don't know if I should try to update my software or leave things as they are. I don't want to fix something that isn't broken, or should I update anyway? Also, I don't understand if updating OS is the same as desktop manager software updates....sorry! Thanks for any help!
    02-18-09 11:00 AM
    If you're satisfied with your current OS, then don't change it. It's not for everyone.

Updating the OS is simple, just as long as you follow the instructions.
    02-18-09 11:10 AM
    I'm on WAP so I can't tell but if you have Sprint it will give you MMS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 11:19 AM
    I've had my curve about 7 months and have no major problems! I'm new to Crackberry and love it, but after reading many posts, I don't know if I should try to update my software or leave things as they are. I don't want to fix something that isn't broken, or should I update anyway? Also, I don't understand if updating OS is the same as desktop manager software updates....sorry! Thanks for any help!
    Welcome to Crackberry!

If you are happy with the features that you have on your Curve now, keep it. However if you would like to expand and improve features on your Curve, I have found it is worth updating. However being on Sprint, it will give you the MMS feature which many people find really awesome. Also if you are into videos, music and pictures.........it allows you to use a larger capacity micro card.

As far as updating the OS it is NOT the same as the ones coming from the DM. It involves installing the newer OS onto your computer. For proper upgrade instructions please see the link in my sig; also I have found CrackMem to be a must have for upgrading.......there is a link to that in my sig too.

It is all up to you whether you choose to upgrade or not. Personally I got my Curve after Thanksgiving and have upgraded twice from the original OS on the CD and have been very happy with my upgrades as they allowed me to download updated 3rd party apps and there are more features available to me although I don't use all of them.

I don't know if I confused you more or helped you. I hope I helped I'll be around, so feel free to post any questions if you do decide to update. Also you may want to post any questions in the Curve 83XX Device and Discussion Groups, that is where a lot of the experts on the 83XX series hang out

~Jazzi~

Last edited by Jazzi-Rocks; 02-18-09 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added Info
    02-18-09 11:25 AM
    Thanks to all and especially for the links provided! Guess I need to study the info. I apreciate your help
    PS. Also now I know where to post
    02-18-09 12:11 PM
    As has been said, you will get MMS and some GPS too if you upgrade. On the other hand if you are happy with they way things are on your phone, leave it alone.

You could go an ask Verizon of they will do it for you bt make sure you do a sync and a Backup before you hand your phone over.
    02-18-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD