Well i am officially a smart phone user. Bought my first smart phone and it is the Blackberry Bold 9700 and yes...i love this thing.

So i was reading that Desktop Manager allows you to update your contacts. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. They transfered my contacts from my old phone and i dont like how they imported. I wanted to redo them and then override what i have. Is thier a way to do this off of the phone and then push this to the blackberry

Any help would be appropriated...i have been crack berried
    11-17-09 10:25 PM
    The basic Desktop Manager is intended to sync with Outlook. You could edit in that and then sync back to the BB.

Others use some form of google sync and I guess I've read yahoo can be imported, too. I don't know those apps or how to do it.
    11-17-09 11:52 PM
    Google Sync is indeed an effective way to update and transfer contacts, and here is a link to download it for BB.

It is a great way to back up your contacts and manage/import/export calendars.

There are instructions available on the site that explain how to do the various syncing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 12:48 AM
    I'll have to agree with BergerKing, in using Google Sync.
    Once you get them uploaded to Google, it won't matter which smartphone/computer you have, you will always have a way to get your last backed up numbers/contacts again.
    11-18-09 04:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD