So I've been reading about these chips and I can't make a decision on which chip would be best to be put in a mobile phone. They all have great offerings. Right now we need real world usage.

This website helped me with the ups and down of each (excluding the Intel).
    S4 vs Tegra 3 vs OMAP 4470 vs Exynos 4212: Strong-ARMed Superchip Showdown!

I was leaning towards the OMAP before reading the article. The S4 during the article. And the Tegra 3 after finishing it. So I can't really make up my mind. lol

For the upcoming smartphones, what chip would you think is the best bet?
    01-11-12 07:27 PM
    All these chips are quite powerful but currently Tegra3 clearly stands out as a winner compared to rest of them.
    Anyway, you can scroll to bottom of the page and see the vote results, you will get your answer.
    02-13-12 06:57 AM
    So I've been reading about these chips and I can't make a decision on which chip would be best to be put in a mobile phone. They all have great offerings. Right now we need real world usage.

This website helped me with the ups and down of each (excluding the Intel).
    S4 vs Tegra 3 vs OMAP 4470 vs Exynos 4212: Strong-ARMed Superchip Showdown!

I was leaning towards the OMAP before reading the article. The S4 during the article. And the Tegra 3 after finishing it. So I can't really make up my mind. lol

For the upcoming smartphones, what chip would you think is the best bet?
    Why are they comparing the S4 (not out yet) and not using the TI OMAP 5 chip which will be out close to the same time as the S4? The OMAP 5 I think sound like the best chip coming out because it has two A15 cores like the S4, but also has two cortex M4 cores for low power remedial processing. The S4 does have the advantage of have the radio components on the chip though.
    02-13-12 09:58 AM
    Yeah, this is an old article. OMAP 5 wasn't really heard about. I don't think anyway. 4470 is what was thought to be their next chip.

But between S4 and OMAP 5 or any of the rest. OMAP 5 would get my vote. All they need is a good SoC with the baseband on it. And they'd be good to go.
    02-13-12 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD