I was looking over at the MobileSyrup website and noticed the article about LG launching their Flagship Device. The device reminded me of what we are hearing the BB10 touchscreen phone will have at launch. The Snapdragon S4 Processor, 1280x768, 1.5GHz Quad-Core.

This is similar to the BB10 specs we have heard, as we are believe that RIM will be using the Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with the same screen resolution. So will this possibly take away from the powerhouse phone we are expecting to see by RIM if LG releases their phone first? Will RIM lose out on the amazing processor they are rumoured to be using?

LG says their upcoming quad-core LTE smartphone will be blazing fast, thin, have a long battery life, 1280x768 display | MobileSyrup.com
    08-26-12 11:25 PM
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, truth is, that for the most part, specs are pretty much within the same ballpark on most devices in the same class.

It's about user experience and OS as well.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    08-26-12 11:27 PM
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, truth is, that for the most part, specs are pretty much within the same ballpark on most devices in the same class.

It's about user experience and OS as well.
    I agree, thought I would get a discussion going...but what I was thinking was that the BB10 device sounded like it would be the first device to use what is arguable the most powerful chipset in the entire world...and if LG is using it first it just takes away from a selling feature RIM could use to lure customers back to them. We know many customers buy phones like SGS3 because they hear its quad-core and blazing fast...so RIM definitely can tout they have the fastest processor in the world!

1 thing RIM has going is that LG is a 4.7 inch screen with i believe it said 330ppi...BB10 device will be 4.2 inches making the ppi on the phone I believe around 360? pretty damn impressive screen!!
    08-26-12 11:33 PM
    As the LG is just being released.... and no one knows for sure what BB10 will look like or function... there is nothing to compare.....
    08-27-12 12:40 AM
    The LG being a Quad Core means it is the Qualcomm S4 Pro (APQ8064) or the S4 Prime (MPQ 8064) neither of which have onboard modems so they'll need another chip to support the LTE, meaning much greater power drain.

I'm sure the LG will be a spec darling, but it will need to boast a significantly larger battery to compete with the BB10 L series device at launch

And the question will be posed, which is better for the smartphone, better battery or more processor cores, I would wager the former as software and usage doesn't lend itself to quad core requirements.
    08-27-12 12:54 AM
    The BB10 will not be the first with that S4 Pro chip.
    It will probably be a Nokia Windows Phone.

B4 it was delayed BB10 may have been.
    Remember Jim & Mike Decided on the chip last year.
    08-27-12 04:26 AM
    It'll be great if the two phones have the same processor, because then the actual speed differences will show the advantages of QNX over Android.

Si.
    08-27-12 04:51 AM
    I don't think it matters too much lots of consumers are late upgrading because of their contracts (if they upgrade at all)

Now I'm wondering the difference between the 4G PlayBook and a PlayBook with the S4. Curious how that would go down.
    08-27-12 04:52 AM
    Also, the BB10 microwaves your sandwich too!!!

I can hardly wait !!!

08-27-12 09:54 AM
    LG can't keep up with Samsung or HTC.
    08-27-12 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD