Okay, so here's the deal. This happened once yesterday, once this morning, and just 10 minutes ago. I'm actually on my berry now... I'm just so confused! Had to find out asap. So, my berry is doing this thing where it vibrates and the led goes off blinking as if I have a message. But when I go to check, no message! And I know its not my imagination, or I think I see and feel something. So what could this be? Thanks!
    04-16-09 02:55 PM
    low battery?
    04-16-09 03:07 PM
    is somebody on your BBM list using the most annoying feature known to man....aka that ping or buzz thing or whatever? basically vibes your phone to get your attention when they feel you havent responded quickly enough.

someone did that to me once and it scared the bejesus out of me.
    I said "dont do that please"
    10 minutes later they did it again.
    delete.

then later that night I realized I could disable it

*shrug*
    04-16-09 03:16 PM
    I don't think it's the PING thing on BBM. Otherwise you'd have a notification on your homescreen.

The problem the OP is having used to happen on my old Curve from time to time.
    04-16-09 03:19 PM
    I had that happen the other day to me. I found out it was berryweather telling me about a weather advisories we are having in my area. I just got berryweather the other day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 03:36 PM
    Nope, not BBM... I rarely use that- only a couple of my friends have a berry with a data plan... so that's not it. Hmm... pretty weird. &Not berryweather, I don't have that.
    04-16-09 03:41 PM
    Have you done any battery pulls lately? That usually takes care of any bizarre BB behavior.
    04-16-09 03:46 PM
    Have you done any battery pulls lately? That usually takes care of any bizarre BB behavior.
    Mhhmm. No solution.
    04-16-09 03:49 PM
    That's really good to know. I've been wondering what the ping function yields, but I've been afraid to try it out on anyone!
    04-16-09 04:21 PM
    is somebody on your BBM list using the most annoying feature known to man....aka that ping or buzz thing or whatever? basically vibes your phone to get your attention when they feel you havent responded quickly enough.

someone did that to me once and it scared the bejesus out of me.
    I said "dont do that please"
    10 minutes later they did it again.
    delete.

then later that night I realized I could disable it

*shrug*
    I'm laughing so hard...someone did that to me too. I was like, what is going on?!?!?!?!? It was just my stupid co-worker though
    04-16-09 04:23 PM
    Mine also does that when Twitter updates. I have the texting turned off but I still receive a notice when someone tweets. I also have BB Weather and that has alerts set up.
    04-16-09 04:33 PM
    I think I figured it out! It just happened twice... I have my MMS settings set for delivery confirmation. It just happened after I sent two picture messages... could this be it?
    04-16-09 07:22 PM
    I have delivery confirmation turned on for all my SMS and MMS, did you have an alert set for delivery confirmation? Is that even possible? I have no clue
    04-16-09 09:37 PM
    Did you just save a picture you got in an email? If you did, thats the culprit cause when you're down downloading the picture it makes it unread but doesn't put a notification on your homescreen.
    04-19-09 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD