Does anyone else unlock your device with your nose because you can?

I find myself doing this just randomly. why? well because i can.
    04-09-13 01:23 AM

Welcome to a touchscreen device. You can do this with any phone, but most people don't, even though they can. Having said that, knock yourself out! LOL
    04-09-13 01:28 AM
    After reading through some serious post on crackberry, this thread title caught me off guard and made my day lol.

Z10 Flavour since 12.2.13
    bbfan1040 and richardat like this.
    04-09-13 01:34 AM
    Welcome to a touchscreen device. You can do this with any phone, but most people don't, even though they can. Having said that, knock yourself out! LOL
    False. Opening the iPhone with your nose is difficult and dangerous. The home button needs to be pressed pretty firmly and the edges it creates when you push down are fairly sharp. The Z10 (and many other phones) allow you to skip that step and swipe to activate the screen as well as to unlock it.

If you do manage to press the home button down with your nose you then need to position it precisely on the unlock bar and swipe in a straight line without going out of the bar.

Also, if you have a big nose good luck trying to press it into the small recessed space on the iPhone home button, and then the narrow slider.

As silly as this argument may seem it is just another example of certain people on this forum who continue to skip over positive differences with the Z10 but highlight all the so called negative aspects

The Z10 is a general upward swipe anywhere from bottom up, nothing like the iPhone

Although many witty comments and changes of arguments will be made to circle around the fact that the Z10 allows this to happen easier than the iPhone I would like anyone to try doing so with both phones and seeing how difficult it is on the iPhone. This is incredibly absurd, I know, but apparently' it can be done just as easily and blah blah blah z10 sucks because all I do is troll and make fun of other people '

Posted via CB10
    Acumenight, bobshine and CDM76 like this.
    04-09-13 02:17 AM
    To make the ease of use argument more clear let's take the example of having your phone on the desk at work.

Phone with home button:
    You get a message and need to press down on the home button to see the type of notification, if it's something you want to answer you pick up the phone and unlock it then answer.

Z10:
    You get a message and swipe all the way up to get into the hub (if you are a power user you always leave the hub open) if nuts a message you want to answer you grab the phone as you are finishing the swipe up and answer it.

The difference is that the Z10 allows one fluid motion from message notification to the step right before answering it, where other phones need a chain of motions.

When my phone is on my desk or even in my pocket and I get a notification I already instinctively swipe up as I'm going to grab it, by the time my eyes reach the phone it is already in the hub and I'm already in reply mode. ZERO time is lost!
    Last edited by FSeverino; 04-09-13 at 02:36 AM.
    04-09-13 02:18 AM
    Haha wonder how many people tried this straight away. I know i did, worked flawlessly haha

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, MiSsY_ and angieberry10 like this.
    04-09-13 02:33 AM
    Just used my knee as well lol

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    04-09-13 02:34 AM
    False. Opening the iPhone with your nose is difficult and dangerous. The home button needs to be pressed pretty firmly and the edges it creates when you push down are fairly sharp. The Z10 (and many other phones) allow you to skip that step and swipe to activate the screen as well as to unlock it.

If you do manage to press the home button down with your nose you then need to position it precisely on the unlock bar and swipe in a straight line without going out of the bar.

Also, if you have a big nose good luck trying to press it into the small recessed space on the iPhone home button, and then the narrow slider.
    FALSE. It's ridiculously easy to press the screen on button on the iphone with the bridge of your nose. It requires hardly any pressure and cannot be missed.

I can't believe somebody actually tried to make an argument out of this. Unreal. Like some kind of Japanese horror movie, everyone who read this accursed argument has now dropped IQ points.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    04-09-13 03:12 AM
    Haha wonder how many people tried this straight away. I know i did, worked flawlessly haha

Posted via CB10
    What the he'll did I just get all over my screen
    04-09-13 04:16 AM
    Like some kind of Japanese horror movie, everyone who read this accursed argument has now dropped IQ points.
    Oh you did not just say that about Japanese horror films...
    richardat and NdBlu14 like this.
    04-09-13 04:22 AM

I did it with a line of powdered sugar on the screen to help guide my nose, but then I got arrested for some reason.
    04-09-13 04:24 AM
    FALSE. It's ridiculously easy to press the screen on button on the iphone with the bridge of your nose. It requires hardly any pressure and cannot be missed.

I can't believe somebody actually tried to make an argument out of this. Unreal. Like some kind of Japanese horror movie, everyone who read this accursed argument has now dropped IQ points.
    He's clearly making a joke..

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:37 AM
    Wow people have strange ways to use their devices

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:05 AM
    I use my p*nis.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    Gatmyer likes this.
    04-09-13 07:23 AM
    What kind of thread did I just come onto.... HAHA
    04-09-13 07:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. Which is why the second post was made to be the actual 'ease of use' argument. Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:33 AM
    What kind of thread did I just come onto.... HAHA
    You never know on here lol
    04-09-13 10:40 AM
    I use my p*nis.

I wondered how long before we got this comment! But its ok cause it ain't no big thing

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    04-09-13 10:41 AM
    Hmmmmm, this is a great way to increase "1-handed" use!
    One Hand Gestures:
    - Unlock - Hold phone in hand, wipe nose from bottom to top to unlock.
    - Pinch-to-Zoom: Place thumb and nose on screen and separate to zoom in and bring together to zoom out.
    - Bring up keyboard: Use thumb and nose to swipe up from bottom bezel
    - The list goes on....

NoseBerry
    04-09-13 01:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    You might assume so, but......see post 16! LOL
    04-09-13 04:38 PM
    Just did. Worked as described. Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:43 PM
    Now i have to wipe my screen! Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:44 PM

FYI. Tongue works too
    Last edited by CDM76; 04-10-13 at 02:46 AM.
    04-10-13 01:33 AM
    Hmmmmm, this is a great way to increase "1-handed" use!
    One Hand Gestures:
    - Unlock - Hold phone in hand, wipe nose from bottom to top to unlock.
    - Pinch-to-Zoom: Place thumb and nose on screen and separate to zoom in and bring together to zoom out.
    - Bring up keyboard: Use thumb and nose to swipe up from bottom bezel
    - The list goes on....

NoseBerry
    Better still, simply use your lips to pinch to zoom. Open your lips on the screen to zoom in, close it to zoom out. hahahaha
    04-10-13 04:41 AM
    FYI. Tongue works too
    Any clip?
    04-10-13 05:08 AM
36 12