Hello,

I m using BB Storm2 9550 with DU, UAE. It is Unlocked from Verizon. I have done everything but still m not able to use BB services though I can call/text anybody. i.e. I still have "edge" rather then "EDGE"......

Any Help how can we unlock DATA services????

I have used the same service provider"DU" for months. and this works perfectly on my old balckberry.

Also I have used the following method suggested by Mark PPG but still no success.
    "Go to:
    Options, advanced options, TCP and uncheck everything listed there.

Then
    Manage connections, mobile network options, select 2g only!

Then
    Options, advanced options, host routing table. Hit the menu button and select register now.

You may have to turn off and on your mobile connection after that a few times after that. But give it a few mins and you should see EDGE."

Initially it turns to GSM then turns to edge. But not EDGE. Tried the above procedure million times.

Please please please help!!
    Last edited by SGMG; 01-02-12 at 10:58 PM. Reason: report exactly the error!
    01-02-12 08:05 AM
    Do you have a correct blackberry data plan on the account.
    01-02-12 11:19 AM
    Yes I do have the correct plan. I'm using the current service provider for months and this works perfectly on my old blackberry!!
    01-02-12 10:56 PM
    You need to get the DU bb servicebooks from your old device and then placing it on your new device .. You will need to find someone who has these. Also I would try to input your carriers apn settings in the tcp settings
    01-02-12 11:06 PM
    Hi Crackberry Genius,
    I appreciate your efforts.and m really thankful.
    awaiting your inputs on carrier apn.
    did you mean that i ask my carrier"DU" their apn settings?
    let me know.
    SGMG
    01-03-12 10:28 PM
    Yes their apn settings. Sorry I would not know their info.
    01-03-12 10:38 PM
    It looks like the service books on your Blackberry are those which used by the original carrier of your unlocked device.
    Contact your carrier and ask therm to send you a service books update.
    01-04-12 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD