I guess this would only apply to the storm, but if an ESN has been banned from Verizon, would there be any reason it wouldnt work with a GSM carrier as long as its unlocked?
    05-20-09 08:59 PM
    I will admit I know very little about this stuff but AS FAR AS I KNOW a banned ESN is just that - banned. However I could be wrong so I'd wait for someone smarter then me to chime in!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 09:03 PM
    It should work fine on a GSM carrier.
    05-20-09 09:03 PM
    I guess this would only apply to the storm, but if an ESN has been banned from Verizon, would there be any reason it wouldnt work with a GSM carrier as long as its unlocked?
    Well if it has been blocked by the BlackBerry servers it won't work with BIS and BES.
    05-20-09 09:05 PM
    Here's the set up, I posted in your other question too

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...rm-95xx-106023
    05-20-09 09:13 PM
    The blocked esn is mostly because the phone is stolen or non pay discinnect. When verizon enters the information only the esn is blocked. The imei is not included on the block list. If it is unlocked the device would most likely work on another network. If the device was added to the bis then registering with your new carrier would generate an error. You would need to call vzw tech support and have the bis account removed in order to continue using the device for email and web. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 12:32 AM
    it would work on a gsm carrier as long as it was sim unlocked
    05-21-09 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD