Hello I got an unlocked Curve 8310 off ebay. Calling, txting, and I can get on the internet fine.

I can't get BB messenger to work. And when I do register now it says register sent but nothing happens.

I also can't get it to connect to windows live messenger it says "service not enabled for this handheld"

Im assuming the ebay seller had the device un registered from the carrier b4 auctioning it. Is there a way to register this device online?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    07-03-09 07:44 PM
    Hello I got an unlocked Curve 8310 off ebay. Calling, txting, and I can get on the internet fine.

I can't get BB messenger to work. And when I do register now it says register sent but nothing happens.

I also can't get it to connect to windows live messenger it says "service not enabled for this handheld"

Im assuming the ebay seller had the device un registered from the carrier b4 auctioning it. Is there a way to register this device online?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Calls and SMS text means it has been unlocked. Getting the Internet Browser mean you are able to access the BlackBerry infrastructure.

The concern is being able to create a BlackBerry Internet Service account. If your device has been correctly released, that is simple. If not, only the original owner can do it.

From your BlackBerry home screen, run the Email Setup Wizard. It will prompt you through creating an account and activating all of the features, including BlackBerry Messaging.
    07-03-09 07:57 PM
    Calls and SMS text means it has been unlocked. Getting the Internet Browser mean you are able to access the BlackBerry infrastructure.

The concern is being able to create a BlackBerry Internet Service account. If your device has been correctly released, that is simple. If not, only the original owner can do it.

From your BlackBerry home screen, run the Email Setup Wizard. It will prompt you through creating an account and activating all of the features, including BlackBerry Messaging.
    Thanks for the response. It asks me if my blackberry enterprise server administrator has provide me with an activation password? What do I do with this? If I say no it just ends the setup?
    07-03-09 08:25 PM
    That means it time to file a PayPal dispute.

You have a BES profile, that means the original owner was a company and that phone is part of their network. It's hot.
    07-03-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD