Unlocked Bold 9900 question.
I was wondering what is the difference between a T-Mobile branded Bold 9900 and a factory unlocked OEM Bold 9900 other then the carrier branding? I was looking at them on Amazon, and someone said with the factory unlocked ones there is no 4G on T-Mobile, and that the bands it works on are different then the carrier branded ones. Is this correct? I thought all 9900 were the same hardware. Am I wrong?
Thank youIn RIM we trust!
So not all Bold 9900 are the same? I thought they all supported the same bands. Is this not correct? T-Mobile would need the 1700/2100 radio bands for it's HSPA+ to work. Would the factory unlocked OEM Bold 9900 support these?
Last edited by blue_k; 11-17-2012 at 05:37 AM.In RIM we trust!
- CrackBerry Genius
11-17-2012, 09:08 AM #6
- 3,041 Posts
Ok, I am waiting for them to go back in stock on Amazon directly. I hear they ship the OEM plain unlocked BlackBerry box ones, without any carrier branding. Do you think they could tell me even with these types of boxes?In RIM we trust!
- 11-17-2012, 07:17 PM #8
I'm pretty sure a seller who's on the up and up knows the band of his/her factory unlocked phones. I think RIM releases non-branded handsets in both sets of bands, although the AWS devices may be harder to get.Sent from my jail cell using a corrupt prison warden
- By evolution75 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-26-2010, 08:22 PM
- By Krynj in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 8Last Post: 05-19-2009, 08:27 AM
- By moyita305 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-18-2008, 01:27 PM
- By hyoungluv in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 7Last Post: 12-17-2008, 06:11 PM
- By JFossTheBoss in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 5Last Post: 09-06-2008, 09:05 AM