i have an unlocked blackberry storm running on t-mobile. but i dont have a data plan. isnt there a way i can do anything than play brickbreaker or make a phone call? like email, use facebook, msn messenger or youtube without the data plan? please help
    05-31-09 06:41 PM
    You will need to get a data plan in order to take full advantage of what BB has to offer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 06:50 PM
    Get a blackberry data plan! Unlocks all the features on a blackberry. And I don't think msn messenger runs without BIS and I don't think it runs with wifi as well. How'd you get that working?

05-31-09 08:04 PM
    Unfortunately, a lot of the things you want to do cannot be done without a BB data plan, and another unfortunate thing is that the Storm doesn't even have WiFi, which could help a little bit in this situation.
    05-31-09 08:10 PM
    oh yea totally forgot! It doest havwe wifi so you can't even do those things that you said you could without a BB data plan..

05-31-09 08:13 PM
    tmobile's BIS plan is like $19.99. stop being cheap!!! get the plan.
    05-31-09 09:54 PM
    Nah it went up to 39.99 lol

05-31-09 10:49 PM
    i have an unlocked blackberry storm running on t-mobile. but i dont have a data plan. isnt there a way i can do anything than play brickbreaker or make a phone call? like email, use facebook, msn messenger or youtube without the data plan? please help
    In addition to phone calls and brickbreaker, you can send text messages without a data plan too.
    05-31-09 11:34 PM
    Nah it went up to 39.99 lol

my friend just called tmobile a few days ago. it was $19.99 for BIS and $24.99 with the 400 txt msg bundle. u were talking about the unlimited BIS/TXT plan, thats $34.99.

from their site....BOOOOYA!!

BlackBerry Unlimited Web + 400 Messages
    Get unlimited Web access, bundled with any 400 domestic messages.

Includes:
    • Unlimited Web access
    • 400 domestic text, picture, or instant messages
    More details ›$24.99 per month
    Last edited by dictoresno; 06-01-09 at 02:55 AM.
    06-01-09 02:51 AM
    You can find instructions of using modified service books to access the Internet and email from here. You also need to know the APN for T-Mobile and enter it under Options/Advanced Options/TCP/IP on the phone.

This will allow Internet access to all non-RIM applications as long as you have an ordinary Internet tariff.
    06-02-09 10:25 PM
    Just get the data plan.

06-02-09 10:32 PM
    You can find instructions of using modified service books to access the Internet and email.You also need to know the APN for T-Mobile and enter it under Options/Advanced Options/TCP/IP on the phone.

This will allow Internet access to all non-RIM applications as long as you have an ordinary Internet tariff.
    APN for T-Mobile is wap.voicestream.com
    no username or password...FYI BB Plan is well worth it...Good Luck
    06-02-09 10:36 PM
    if u call and ask for the bb data plan they well know u got the storm and prob not let u cuz the storm is for verizon only in the us but u can try it what the ****
    06-02-09 10:36 PM
    tmobile's BIS plan is like $19.99. stop being cheap!!! get the plan.
    Agreed. Stop being cheap.
    06-02-09 10:37 PM
    if u call and ask for the bb data plan they well know u got the storm and prob not let u cuz the storm is for verizon only in the us but u can try it what the ****
    I doubt they wouldn't let the OP get a data plan for their Storm. They allow iPhone users to get data plans... One time I had to call T-Mobile under my friend's account to get a replacement Curve and they noticed that there was an iPhone on the account and they thanked me (well really him) for staying loyal to them.
    06-02-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD