So I got my blackberry unlock from calling this number 1-888-844-0395. It was really easy. When I tried my friend sim card which was from AT&T to make calls everything work, but it still shows my my number instead not the number that is register to the att&t sim card. Does anyone know how to get rid of the old number?
    Thanks
    Tom
    Last edited by urology3; 04-22-09 at 04:06 PM.
    04-22-09 04:01 PM
    yes you have to go into options-advanced option-then sim card and press the menu button. It will give you an option to change the SIM phone number. Change that to whatever your current number is and you are good to go.
    04-22-09 04:06 PM
    thanks for the reply. I tried that earlier but when I called it still shows my number on the caller id.
    04-22-09 04:17 PM
    Sorry didnt read post correctly, there is a keypad sequence that will get you into the phone prgramming, I just forgot what it is, search in the forums a bit.
    04-22-09 04:24 PM
    When I tried my friend sim card which was from AT&T to make calls everything work, but it still shows my my number instead not the number that is register to the att&t sim card.
    Where does the number show up? The SIM card doesn't know its number so it will be something you have programmed into the phone's menus.
    04-22-09 05:30 PM
    my number shows up when i try to make call and on the caller ID. Do you know how to clear that.
    04-22-09 05:32 PM
    thanks for the reply. I tried that earlier but when I called it still shows my number on the caller id.
    Ah, got it. You're on VZW so you are still using the CDMA service on your regular Verizon number. The SIM doesn't come into the game until you go roaming out of the VZW service area. Take a trip to Canada or Mexico and test again
    04-22-09 05:33 PM
    I see what you are saying. So verizon only unlocked it so I can use it for other carrier. Do you know if it's possible to remove my original number completely. The reason why I'm asking is b/c I want to give the phone as a gift. And I don't want everytime a call is made my old number shows up.
    Thanks
    04-22-09 05:39 PM
    Goto options -> mobile network -> by network technology make sure you select "gsm/umts�. This will have the phone use the Sim card instead of Verizon. Also it will say on the att above the time on the home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 05:40 PM
    Thank you so much it works!!!!
    04-22-09 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD