Hi
    i purchased a blackberry Bold 9930 in the US and open it abroad in Lebanon on carrier MTC Touch. the phone works fine with voice and SMS but no data, no emails and bbm network. is there a solution for that?
    11-18-11 10:44 AM
    Do you have a BIS data plan on MTC Touch? Do they offer BB data services through that carrier? You need to have an active BIS data plan through the carrier to get access to those features.
    11-18-11 02:45 PM
    elvin1983 is correct. You will need to register the device on the network once you activate BIS
    11-18-11 03:19 PM
    Were you able to find a solution for this? I am having the same problem. Thanks!
    02-13-12 12:16 PM
    Were you able to find a solution for this? I am having the same problem. Thanks!
    well like elvin1983 & freethisberrydotcom said.
    do you have a BIS plan on it and all activated?
    02-13-12 12:21 PM
    well like elvin1983 & freethisberrydotcom said.
    do you have a BIS plan on it and all activated?
    Yes I activated the BIS service and tried registering the Host Routing Table. I don't have the proper service books either.
    02-13-12 12:43 PM
    Your Blackberry is using a PIN number that should be signed with a BIS account that you can get from you carrier with a Blackberry data plan.
    Then you will need to register the device and update the service books.

That's it.
    02-13-12 02:50 PM
    Your Blackberry is using a PIN number that should be signed with a BIS account that you can get from you carrier with a Blackberry data plan.
    Then you will need to register the device and update the service books.

That's it.
    Thanks, I was assuming I must call the customer service.
    02-13-12 04:24 PM
    Simply it will not works with Mtc touch , cause it's originally for sprint runs CDMA and gsm on this phone but the problem is that sprint blocked the service for rim on all blackberry devices so u can use it as talk phone or browsing data , no email notification will works , or BBm ,even in if u get BIS service , but after struggling the solution is u can switch to Alfa carrier and it will works with all features like ice on cake ,hope it helps
    04-12-13 08:21 PM
    Does that apply to 9860 sprint?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-13 04:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD