I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find an answer specific to my situation, so I though I'd post it anyway.

So, here's what happened. My friend is the head of IT for a corporation that recently decided to switch providers, and as a result, they asked him to sell 4 Torches to anyone who wants them.

So he brought one of them to me to ask if my wife would like it.

They were linked to Bell, and my wife was on Rogers, so we went online and paid to have the unlock code sent. We unlocked the phone and put my wife's SIM card in it and it worked...at least for phone and web browsing.

When we tried to set up her Email accounts however, it asked her to validate them and made her put in her username and password, and once she had, it said they'd been validated, but they still didn't work. I tried sending an email and got sent straight back to the Email Setup, and if I went out of the App and back in, it started the Email setup again.

I've read a bunch of things about releasing pins etc, and I'm guessing that's what's happening here, but I'm not sure what to do about it because it was a corporate account. I talked to my friend, and he has no problem calling Bell or his corporate head office, but he's not exactly sure what he needs to tell them.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated, my wife loves the new phone (she upgraded from a much loved, but falling apart and very basic level Curve) but checking her hotmail and gmail accounts through the browser rather than using Push and getting it through the App is quite annoying,

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
    08-02-11 10:03 AM
    pin needs to de actavited from current provider !!! get your friend to phones provider to clear pin. So you can setup bis with new provider.
    08-02-11 10:06 AM
    Have you tried downloading service books?

Options-->Advanced Options-->Host Routing Table-->Register Now
    08-02-11 10:45 AM
    Thanks guys, I love the quick responses.

I'll try the routing thing tonight when I get home, and if that doesn't work, I'll get my friend to call them.

I'm assuming they'll know what he means if he just tells them he sold the phone and heeds to have the PIN cleared so the new user can use it properly, right? (sorry to ask for such specifics, I just hate asking anyone to have to deal with Cell phone call centres so I want to give him as specific information as I can.)
    08-02-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD