This is most likely a foolish question and answered many times, but after a BB is unlocked, what is the procedure to get it on different carrier then it was set up for? Where does one get a SIM card and what do you do after that?
    03-17-09 12:28 PM
    A provisioned subscriber identity module (SIM) card is supplied with every phone purchased from a carrier.
    Unprovisioned SIMs may be purchased, but they must be provisioned to work.
    The easiest route would be to purchase a cheap phone from your carrier of choice and then pull the SIM from one phone and insert it into the other. Note, not all carriers (e.g. Verizon) support SIM swapping.
    03-17-09 03:11 PM
    Now when you say that some providers don't support this you mean their are GSM providers that link a SIM card to a phone? Since VZW is CDMA then of course it wouldn't work. I thought the reason unlocking GSM phones worked was due to the fact that providers couldn't lock you into "this sim and this phone. No ifs ands or buts".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 03:41 PM
    Sorry, no, that's not at all what I meant. Verizon does not support SIM swapping. I can't speak for all carriers worldwide though, so I will not attempt to do so.
    03-18-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD