I have the BB 8830 and this unknown number keeps popping up. Other people can call me no problem, my phone rings and I see their number. However, I never hear this unknown number calling and they never leave a message. It may be a solicitor calling. Sometimes it happens several times a day. Is there a way to stop this number from calling me like an application or finding out from my carrier (Sprint)?
    07-14-09 11:58 AM
    Check out Black & White List (app)
    07-14-09 12:06 PM
    Answer the call and find out who it is or use the app blackberrybob posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 12:17 PM
    An unknown number just means that the number calling you is unlisted. I know this because my house number is unlisted and that is what shows up.

07-14-09 01:02 PM
    You could also register your phone on the no call list to avoid future telemarketers in the unlucky event that it IS one. I'd just answer the phone and find out who it is since it's only one person harassing you, though. I have one unknown number that always calls me multiple times a day, too, and it's a bill collector calling for the previous owner of the phone number.
    Last edited by JayKayBee; 07-14-09 at 02:01 PM.
    07-14-09 01:57 PM
    I'm getting that too. I see the missed call from unknown number but the phone doesn't ring and I can't call back because there's no number. I have a feeling it's because I've incompletely filled out some form online and it's got something to do with that. How do I stop this?!
    09-20-09 12:04 PM
    Telemarketer or someone who has their info hidden. Anyone can have their info appear unavailable, you usually just pay your carrier to have it done.

09-20-09 01:26 PM
    Here is a free 15 day trial of what BOB posted about the black and white for blackberry.

Black & White List - Free Mobile software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    09-20-09 01:26 PM
    It may just be someone who's caller ID is blocked. All of our company issued phones have the called ID blocked by Sprint. Its so that we can call customers and ask them questions, make sure they're home, let them know we need to get into their yards, etc without them calling us directly when they have a problem. It shows up as "Unknown number" on the caller ID.
    09-21-09 02:45 PM
    yeah but what's a random Unknown Number that shows up as a missed call but the phone doesn't actually ring?
    09-26-09 02:28 PM
    Call blocker in the app section of here also works good for blocking unknown numbers

09-26-09 02:59 PM
    I have callblocker on my phone. it still let the unknown number through ONCE though ... lol
    09-27-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD