Unite is pretty cool but it certainly slows the startup of the desktop I have it running on. Would be nice if I could run it on my Linux box. Anyone else think this would be pretty awesome? I mean seriously, what does RIM have against *nix oses?
    08-10-08 04:45 AM
    Unite is basically a user/small business BES. These people don't use nix boxes. I don't know much about what BES runs on but this is catered to large companies who can dedicate staff to running servers for it. Its all about the audience and most don't run personal nix boxes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 11:00 AM
    You're right.. I guess I happen to be in the minority that does happen to have a personal nix box. Anyways, I'll keep dreaming. By the way, I don't believe BES is even available for anything other than Windows.
    08-11-08 06:23 PM
    Quite a few larger companies run linux servers. I'm sure some would if BES was available for it, they're just much more stable and safer.

Have you tried to run Unite in a VM environment such as parallels, wine, or VMware (and i think there's a vm box or something as well, i cant check as i'm on a winblows laptop at the moment)
    10-06-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD