Ok I have a curve I go into media and look at my pictures then I pulled my sd card out to see what pictures I had saved on my phone, when I put the card back in, it pulled up all pictures I have ever taken, I could see the tumbnail but not pull up any of the pictures. Now there are some pictures I have deleted that I would like back and some I would never want to see again. What can I do to delete forever and what can I do to pull back pictures I have deleted.
    06-23-10 02:33 PM
    If you delete the pic off of the sd card it should be gone forever. Only if you have media manager on your computer can you attempt to get a pic back. Even with that you have to have connected your bb to your pc and copied it from your phone.
    06-23-10 02:46 PM
    I have heard somewhere about how SD cards store files, that when you choose to delete them they don't delete immediately, it's only after a file is written over the file to delete that they are finally gone. It's possible that when you put the SD card back into your device it didn't read the "deleted" files as deleted, thus your picture is back.

Again, this is just what I've heard.
    06-23-10 02:56 PM
    I need a software update for my 8330! How do I do this? My device is running super slow.
    Go to the 8330 forum, click the sticky for your device, and follow the instructions.

You should have done a search for your answer instead of hijacking a thread.

Just for future reference...
    06-23-10 02:57 PM
    I have heard somewhere about how SD cards store files, that when you choose to delete them they don't delete immediately, it's only after a file is written over the file to delete that they are finally gone. It's possible that when you put the SD card back into your device it didn't read the "deleted" files as deleted, thus your picture is back.

Again, this is just what I've heard.
    i would have to do more research on that but I believe youre right. But I think the file is only read only you arent able to do anything with it
    06-23-10 02:59 PM
    No! You CAN recover files on NTFS and FAT file systems! That includes SD card. Try Recuva.
    Just be in mass storage mode, and if too much time/new data hasn't passed/been written, you can save them.
    06-23-10 03:26 PM
    Try it on your own phone it will bring up all the pictures look at the pictures through the media then pull the card and then put it back in
    06-23-10 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD